Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 384278 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2013, 04:33:26 PM »
I don't remember who posted it above, but would your REALLY say no to a Wild Eagle clone?  I mean seriously?
SWOOSH

Hollwood

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 04:38:46 PM »
That was me... And yes, I would say no

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 04:52:33 PM »
Sure you would.
SWOOSH

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »
I would give a Wild Eagle clone a resounding HELL YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2013, 08:05:42 PM »
As I mentioned in my earlier post, while Outlaw Run can be considered a major attraction, the investment for it's construction ($10 million) wasn't much above that of River Blast ($7 million).
That's something to ponder. I think if you look at the Running of the bulls at opening you will see how well spent the OR funds were when juxtaposing this attraction against the RB.  I have never been on RB and I have never seen a line for it.  On the busiest days I have never noted a line.   Interesting how close to the same amount of money used differently can have a real impact on the park.
I would be ok with a 4th dimension coaster.  But not a clone, or a copy. Or at the expense of anything currently in the park.
Coasters are fun but seeing SDC become Six Flags isn't something I enjoy.  Theming with the coasters is limited.  I think WF has used theming the best out of all the coasters at SDC.  How about the Ice House idea?  this could include dark ride elements that's something we all enjoy.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2013, 08:40:04 PM »
As I mentioned in my earlier post, while Outlaw Run can be considered a major attraction, the investment for it's construction ($10 million) wasn't much above that of River Blast ($7 million).
That's something to ponder. I think if you look at the Running of the bulls at opening you will see how well spent the OR funds were when juxtaposing this attraction against the RB.  I have never been on RB and I have never seen a line for it.  On the busiest days I have never noted a line.   Interesting how close to the same amount of money used differently can have a real impact on the park.
I would be ok with a 4th dimension coaster.  But not a clone, or a copy. Or at the expense of anything currently in the park.
Coasters are fun but seeing SDC become Six Flags isn't something I enjoy.  Theming with the coasters is limited.  I think WF has used theming the best out of all the coasters at SDC.  How about the Ice House idea?  this could include dark ride elements that's something we all enjoy.

Plumbing and excavation ain't cheap. River Blast was a fine addition, on a somewhat slow day when there's just enough folks to keep folks in the boats and the stationary cannons not too crowded and you can spend lots of time there getting drenched. It they had ever really considered  that ride concept we posted from whitewater, it would have been very neat to see it mixed in with River Blast to make it  a four way battle between boat to boat, stationary cannons and flyin' contraption.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »
The budget for River Blast also included a lot of demo work, excavation and as mentioned above, plumbing.  The filled a void that was needed at the park and I feel they did an amazing job with that project.

This next project (2015) will fill another "void," so to speak, and it is about time.
SWOOSH

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2013, 08:54:52 PM »
I'm not in the know as far as what would be a major attraction, but could we be looking at a Mystery Mine type of a ride?
Colorado SDC Fan

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2013, 09:03:58 PM »
I do know the Mystery Mine ride at Dollywood cost 17.5 million in 2007 I think it was...
Colorado SDC Fan

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2013, 09:14:26 PM »
The budget for River Blast also included a lot of demo work, excavation and as mentioned above, plumbing.  The filled a void that was needed at the park and I feel they did an amazing job with that project.

This next project (2015) will fill another "void," so to speak, and it is about time.

Demo is very expensive, the City of Fayetteville is tearing down an old Tyson plant in South Fayetteville and even with the amount of scrap metal they are pulling out of there it is near a million dollars.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2013, 09:24:57 PM »
I do know the Mystery Mine ride at Dollywood cost 17.5 million in 2007 I think it was...

It's weird about that. Given how Dollywood and SDC/former Celebration City seems to get paired on attractions. Seems SDC is still due a Gerstlauer

here's the list
GCI Ozcat/Thunderhead
S&S Giant Swings
Mack river battles
County Fair/Grand Expo flat ride areas

Now, Gerstlauer is about to open it's latest Eurofigter at Alton Towers and it's a 14 inversion twisted piece of steel with indoor/outdoor segments

Testing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlYuU-ACDiQ

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:47:54 PM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2013, 09:49:57 PM »
I don't think we'll ever see a Mystery Mine ride at SDC.  Apparently the PTB are not overly satisfied with how it is aged.  It is rather rough in several places.  I honestly think if it went to a lapbar only it would be more comfortable, but that's just me.

SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2013, 11:16:40 PM »
I look forward to hearing more about 2015.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2013, 12:03:53 AM »
I don't think we'll ever see a Mystery Mine ride at SDC.  Apparently the PTB are not overly satisfied with how it is aged.  It is rather rough in several places.  I honestly think if it went to a lapbar only it would be more comfortable, but that's just me.

I think that one has the shoulder restrains but some of the smaller ones have gone lap bar only even with inversions. It's the way to go if you can.

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2013, 12:44:16 PM »

Plumbing and excavation ain't cheap. River Blast was a fine addition, on a somewhat slow day when there's just enough folks to keep folks in the boats and the stationary cannons not too crowded and you can spend lots of time there getting drenched. It they had ever really considered  that ride concept we posted from whitewater, it would have been very neat to see it mixed in with River Blast to make it  a four way battle between boat to boat, stationary cannons and flyin' contraption.

It's not fun to get shot in the face with water with no way to escape.  That is why few people ride RB.  I've only ridden it once.  I should've worn goggles.  The ride should at least be enjoyable.

I would love to see a fun, interesting dark ride sort of thing, but none of that virtual simulator crap.  I don't want to ride "a floating raft" while moving around in my seat that never goes anywhere.  My toddler has ridden FITH a few times now.  I wish there were some more options like this; it doesn't have to be a coaster.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the big coasters as much as anyone, and I will certainly enjoy whatever headliner goes in.