Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 384260 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
SDC's 2015 Project
« on: March 12, 2013, 08:22:08 PM »
;D We're just getting started people.  Oh how I wish I could tell you more.
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 09:07:35 PM »
How long until you can?  ;D
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 09:33:12 PM »
I'm glad to hear, but let's wait until we have something substantial to talk about before we go off on what could happen in two years. We all know how often plans change anyway.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 10:06:17 PM »
So, since Pete Herschend seems to be telling people to get excited for 2015, we might as well get back to this topic. Pete doesn't exactly lead people on, and it's hard to mistake him telling coaster enthusiasts to watch the park for anything other than essentially the announcement of another coaster project - or at least something pretty major.

We've certainly seen a number of past coaster rumors float through these forums that could have been real projects that were explored or shelved or whatever that could be coming back to life, or maybe we're in for an iteration of whatever it is DW is getting in 2014. I would assume they'll go for something more family oriented this time, so a zierer/intamin coaster with a drop track could be a good possibility.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 11:57:34 PM »
Well at this point in the game--anything--can be possible.  So I will throw in my pennys worth.
I know a real popular ride at other parks right now is an "elevator" type ride. You know, you go up a couple hundred feet (straight up a pole basically) then go freefalling down at a rate that could bust concrete, before screeching to a halt just mere feet before impact.

Since (probably) none of us really have an idea what will be next project will be (except possibly Swoosh) I will guess this type of ride.  (Swoosh is good at his job. If he does know, it will be kept secret---as it should).
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 10:52:08 AM »
Well at this point in the game--anything--can be possible.  So I will throw in my pennys worth.
I know a real popular ride at other parks right now is an "elevator" type ride. You know, you go up a couple hundred feet (straight up a pole basically) then go freefalling down at a rate that could bust concrete, before screeching to a halt just mere feet before impact.

Since (probably) none of us really have an idea what will be next project will be (except possibly Swoosh) I will guess this type of ride.  (Swoosh is good at his job. If he does know, it will be kept secret---as it should).

there has been banter here about a smaller project between major projects and one of those has been the possible move of the Flume ride and shot tower left at CC. the shot tower is a smaller one but the S&S ones seem to be popular. They take up very little space.  It would need much more theming though.

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeOg6MANzQs

And it was on the same survey as the wood coaster

The other was horseback concept ride.

Since that time there have been several forms of this concept come to pass. Themed from horses to 4 wheelers to jet skis to motorcycles. In fact there's one similar at Darien Lake that Herschend now manages. It is more of a standard park model and not very customized

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrZSMBPKANg

But here is Jet Ski Rescue at Sea World down under and it is customize and notice it's low profile and how it can hug the ground. It could really fit in well with SDC's terrain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrZSMBPKANg

I could see that now since SDC has headed west, a horseback version on one of these could be themed to a fort out west and based on US Cavalry
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:11:38 AM by chittlins »

Hollwood

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 01:28:06 PM »
The shot tower looks like something Doc Harris would come up with... The old overflow queue across the street from Wildfire would be the perfect spot.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 03:50:20 PM »
about that horseback themed launch coaster

Here is one that just opened up themed to atvs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0D_aVPYPWE

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »
Yeah, if we get a shot tower, I'd prefer a taller one. I ADORE Detonator at Worlds of Fun, and would love to have one at least that tall.

And I agree with Hollywood -- the Wildfire overflow queue would be a perfect place to put one!

GeyserGulch33

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »
Take a look at this.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120725061424/http://www.primeplay.com/splash_track.html

The website is now behind a login wall; and judging from the lack of other times available, making it public was probably a mistake.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:03:43 PM by GeyserGulch33 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 07:50:11 PM »
Take a look at this.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120725061424/http://www.primeplay.com/splash_track.html

The website is now behind a login wall; and judging from the lack of other times available, making it public was probably a mistake.

It's on the ideas thread, I found that over a year ago and posted it there. Vekoma opened up a coaster like this in Dubai recently, it's all been posted there.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:51:51 PM by chittlins »

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »
As always, HFEC and SDC continue to impress with a commitment to park growth and entertainment value. Really excited to hear that another possible major addition could be just around the corner. However, in fairness, would a steeplechase type coaster or interactive water coaster really qualify as a major project? Neither of those scenarios seem overly significant in comparison to the likes of OR. And in terms of the fiscal investment, one could argue that even OR wasn't very major. All that said, let me be clear that I am thrilled with the addition of OR, and would welcome another coaster of any kind.

Really hard to gauge any speculation or rumors at this point, but if we're talking about something new for 2015, and it's going to be big, I would hope we would be getting some more concrete clues be the end of this year.

My dream scenario would be upgrades to MM, FITH and AP for 2014. Then, one of two things for 2015:

1) Another major addition near OR, plus new demo/retail spaces to create an entirely new park area
2) Another major addition near the old WB site, with a new path connecting GG to Wilson's Farm, opening a full loop around Silver Lake.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »
As always, HFEC and SDC continue to impress with a commitment to park growth and entertainment value. Really excited to hear that another possible major addition could be just around the corner. However, in fairness, would a steeplechase type coaster or interactive water coaster really qualify as a major project? Neither of those scenarios seem overly significant in comparison to the likes of OR. And in terms of the fiscal investment, one could argue that even OR wasn't very major. All that said, let me be clear that I am thrilled with the addition of OR, and would welcome another coaster of any kind.

Really hard to gauge any speculation or rumors at this point, but if we're talking about something new for 2015, and it's going to be big, I would hope we would be getting some more concrete clues be the end of this year.

My dream scenario would be upgrades to MM, FITH and AP for 2014. Then, one of two things for 2015:

1) Another major addition near OR, plus new demo/retail spaces to create an entirely new park area
2) Another major addition near the old WB site, with a new path connecting GG to Wilson's Farm, opening a full loop around Silver Lake.

I agree with the above post. I really do not see a small steel coaster or shot tower as a major investment. Also, I would really hate to see HFEC relocate the small log flume from celebration city. That attraction was just about one step up from traveling carnival type rides. It may play out ok in GE but not as a major attraction. I would hope we have something big on the horizon that would be a major draw nationwide.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 04:53:06 PM »
The 2015 addition will be a MAJOR addition.  The main attraction will be completely brand new -- as in nothing from CC will be the MAIN attraction for 2015.

From what I have heard 2014 will be relatively quiet as the park rides out OR for another season, though there will be more infrastructure upgrades around the park
SWOOSH

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 06:56:12 PM »
This is the part I dislike, being a City folk  ::)  ...but I enjoy the speculation until we're told it's ok to discuss it  ;)
RIP Chippewa Lake Park