Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 384329 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #1050 on: April 13, 2015, 05:40:19 PM »
I'd love to see an indoor family attraction tied to a grain mill theme.  Cool idea!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:21:16 PM by Gilligan »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1051 on: April 13, 2015, 08:07:52 PM »
I don't know what I'm going to have to do to keep discussions in the appropriate thread. Once again: talk about ideas in the ideas thread.

Fireman's Landing officially opened today with our very own Swoosh leading the way. That's pretty amazing, I wish I hadn't been so busy this week so I could've made a bigger deal about it. I've got to get back to making front-page updates.

You can definitely see why they went with the Fireman's theme vs. the fireworks factory or the other theme ideas. The whole patriotic/hero marketing ploy is so hot right now. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily. I think it worked out the best in any case.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 13, 2015, 08:19:06 PM »
I don't know what I'm going to have to do to keep discussions in the appropriate thread. Once again: talk about ideas in the ideas thread.

Fireman's Landing officially opened today with our very own Swoosh leading the way. That's pretty amazing, I wish I hadn't been so busy this week so I could've made a bigger deal about it. I've got to get back to making front-page updates.

You can definitely see why they went with the Fireman's theme vs. the fireworks factory or the other theme ideas. The whole patriotic/hero marketing ploy is so hot right now. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily. I think it worked out the best in any case.

The even have the evil Russian wrestler bit back in fake wrasslin'.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1053 on: April 13, 2015, 09:07:15 PM »

My band photographer snapped some photos from the event other than just the band.  If I ever get a free evening this week I'll get an update up with photos.  It was a very cool event. 

Speaking of service men - we've done law enforcement and firefighters - who is next? 
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #1054 on: April 13, 2015, 09:19:09 PM »
TEACHERS!!!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 16, 2015, 06:46:33 PM »
Law enforcement? Where? Maybe the sheriff guy in the Street Shows. I hope youre not talking about Outlaw Run. Thats about Cowboys, horse riders, victims. Not law enforcement.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:48:04 PM by Laroy »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #1056 on: April 16, 2015, 06:52:39 PM »
It is themed to law enforcement.  All riders are chasing the outlaws, and there is a "monument" to law enforcement officers in front of the queue.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 16, 2015, 10:24:09 PM »
They even had a special opening celebration for OutLaw Run and law enforcement.   You know.  The good guys always win. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:25:15 PM by oklaSDCfan »
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

jstein4507

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 17, 2015, 10:00:44 AM »
farmer was probably the largest occupation. and it is broad enough to include moonshiner, animals, country cookin, farm equipment.
Little House on the Praire roots isnt too awful far from SDC.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 17, 2015, 01:41:48 PM »
Just wondering if the lines have been very long for Firefall?  I'm looking forward to riding it.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1060 on: April 17, 2015, 04:28:07 PM »
Law enforcement? Where? Maybe the sheriff guy in the Street Shows. I hope youre not talking about Outlaw Run. Thats about Cowboys, horse riders, victims. Not law enforcement.

Yes, Outlaw Run.  Next time you are in the area observe some of the details. They also had a similar ceremony for it like Fireman's Landing.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:40:45 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #1061 on: April 17, 2015, 06:46:55 PM »
Just wondering if the lines have been very long for Firefall?  I'm looking forward to riding it.

When we were there on the second weekend SDC was open, the lines were about 60 minutes long so we never waited for it. We were going to ride it right at opening on the last day we were there, but of course it didn't open on time. I think the lines for it will get shorter as the "newness" wears off though because I can't see Firefall being a ride that people want to ride over the coasters, TGS, and the other rides. I hope to be able to ride it when we go next time.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 17, 2015, 08:01:26 PM »
^ Thanks for the reply!  We're planning on going Mother's Day weekend and i'm hoping to catch a ride on it.  Looks fun!
I'm Your Huckleberry

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 17, 2015, 09:38:59 PM »
It is themed to law enforcement.  All riders are chasing the outlaws, and there is a "monument" to law enforcement officers in front of the queue.

I never saw it that way. I wondered why the star was there.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1064 on: May 11, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »
Google maps has been updated for 2015, showing a recent picture of the landing with people in it: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.6710078,-93.3383788,144m/data=!3m1!1e3

I know this was available earlier on mobile, but for some reason I could never get the updated images on PC until now.

It's a great picture, the park is packed, but the trees are still bare and the image is sharp enough to be able to see everything. Looking down on Fireman's Landing, it kind of makes you wonder why they didn't space it out a little more. Future plans maybe...