Author Topic: "A Salute to Hee Haw" Show  (Read 7485 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
"A Salute to Hee Haw" Show
« on: March 11, 2013, 10:05:52 AM »
The Branson Star Theater, 3750 Hwy 76, Branson, will present "A Salute to Hee Haw" Show this year. The shows begin in April, and run through December. An ad I ran across on the Internet says "Join us for a salute to Hee Haw!This new Branson show features your favorite Hee Haw skits with a new cast and some returning Hee Haw cast members. Also experience the surprise second half as the new cast presents their version of the new Hee Haw Yee HawCelebration!" Anyone know anything more about this? First I heard of it. Who are the returning old cast members? Is this in any way tied to my beloved "Hee Haw Theater" that operated in Branson from 1981-1983?  I'm very curious about this show. Anything anyone knows and can share here is much appreciated.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: "A Salute to Hee Haw" Show
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 08:27:52 PM »
Not sure, but the Branson Star Theatre is the old Yakov Theatre down by Celebration City behind Olive Garden
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 08:31:18 AM »
I heard from Terry Sanders, who, as you know, was a cast member of the old TV show in 1990. He said he was going to try to fit this show into his schedule this year. The TV production company that owns the Hee Haw TV Show rights granted permission for this tribute show in Branson. It will feature the tribute in the first half, and more contemporary entertainment in the second half. I'm going to have to fit this show into my schedule this year. I'm very curious about it. Terry tells me some of the better known cast members from the old TV show may appear at the venue from time to time. Terry also says some of this show may be taped for sale to TV stations. We will see what will happen. If anyone hears anything else, please post or contact me via private email. Thanks, all!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 09:19:24 AM »
There's a thread on the 1branson board announcing auditions for this show.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 10:30:52 AM »
Another show for my itinerary. :D

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 07:31:56 AM »
This article from Hometown Radio has more info about the show. There is also a link to an audio interview.

http://www.hometowndailynews.com/14073/salute_to_hee_haw_show_coming_to_branson.html

Opening night is April 16th.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »
Visited Branson for a quick trip Friday/Saturday. The Hee Haw TV Show Tribute Show has started. Go to the Flickr site to see the front and back of the brochure that is currently in the tourist racks around town. Did not have a chance to see the show this trip. Maybe next time.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 05:36:15 PM »
Just in case you have not checked this out here is a reminder. I started a Hee Haw Theater Facebook page last December. Go to Facebook and type "Hee Haw Theater" in your search, it should pop right up. Hope you like it.  :)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 06:57:15 PM »
funny you mention Hee Haw, i was gunna post these the other day. check'm out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVCIz8KG_7I  -- 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NnZP82TBbM  -- 2012
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:58:44 PM by How-doFolks »
Live life like it's the last day!

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 07:39:02 PM »
Had reps from the theater come in to the lobby. It is called "Yee Haw" due to the rights deal, I have not seen yet....But when my schedule changes in the next month or so, that is one I want to see for sure. I loved the Hee Haw years back here, so hope it has "simularity"???  :)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 08:24:09 AM »
If anyone has a chance to see this show, please post a report on it here. I'd like to find out more about it.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 05:20:20 PM »
I didn't get to go because the wife wasn't all that into it  >:(

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 06:44:22 PM »
From what I can tell from visiting 1branson.com, this show was a bust. Don't know if it is still in operation. Anybody ever see it, and if so, how was it?