Author Topic: Wildfire  (Read 12580 times)

sdcforever

Wildfire
« on: June 18, 2008, 09:55:43 PM »
I wouldn't normally do this (start a topic just to post a photo), but I found a spectacular photo of Wildfire and had to share it on these forums!  It really demonstrates how well the coaster is integrated into the Ozark hills.  The picture is below (click to enlarge).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:57:04 PM by sdcforever »

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Wildfire
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:29:19 PM »
Another amazing view is looking up from Table Rock. The only times I have been down there was on a jet ski and I don’t have a water proof camera or I would have taken a picture. I will have to go on a boat some time. It is amazing you can see both Wildfire and Powder Keg.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:34:58 AM »
I don't see the photo sdcforever. But I'm excited to!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

DocSpeleo

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 08:50:56 AM »
That pic really makes me want to get down to the park and start riding non-stop. 
I have ridden so much I have both Powderkeg and Wildfire memorized so they are not as fun as they used to be but I still like the views and the air time.

sdcforever

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 11:26:29 AM »
I don't see the photo sdcforever. But I'm excited to!

It's a jpg file at the bottom of my post.  Hmmm...I wonder why you can't see it?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 12:42:17 PM »
^We've run into this before. For some reason, certain browser settings block photo attachments, and there's not much we can do about it other than use photobucket where possible.

It's a great photo though. Was it one of the original PR images? It looks like it's been enhanced.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 01:03:45 PM »
Try to upload it onto Photobucket please sdcforever. Or if you found the pic on a website you can just give me the url to the site. I really want to see the picture..

sdcforever

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 01:24:57 PM »
Try to upload it onto Photobucket please sdcforever. Or if you found the pic on a website you can just give me the url to the site. I really want to see the picture..

Here's the link to the site I found it on:
http://www.springfieldgo.com/GO-Magazine/June-18-2008/Our-Favorite-Summer-Rides/
Enjoy!  It's right at the top, and is one of the best ride photos I've ever seen. ;D

It's a great photo though. Was it one of the original PR images? It looks like it's been enhanced.

It has been enhanced.  You hit the nail on the head.  It's from Silver Dollar City's archives, and one of the original PR images.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 01:36:07 PM »
Wow, that is a pretty amazing picture. Much better than the one I have as my avatar.  ;D

It was a pretty good read also. I'm surprised the waterboggan was the best group ride though. Lost River of the Ozarks is more of a "family" ride in my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:37:46 PM by Coaster »

sdcforever

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 01:56:01 PM »
^I agree about the best group ride.  I would also take Lost River over the Waterboggan.  You have more interaction on Lost River, and it's not just fun for families.  We've had good times being put in the same raft with people we don't know, laughing when they get soaked then hoping on the next drop the raft doesn't swing our way...but it does and they get a good laugh as we get soaked! :D

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 05:13:44 PM »
here is a pic i took last year

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 08:54:17 AM »
Grrrr! My computer is so stupid. I can't see the pic. It seems to only happen to me...it is weird. Does anyone know of a way I can fix my browser settings to make it work?

sdcforever

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 10:30:58 AM »
Grrrr! My computer is so stupid. I can't see the pic. It seems to only happen to me...it is weird. Does anyone know of a way I can fix my browser settings to make it work?

Are you using Firefox?  If so, this article from Mozilla might help:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Images_or_animations_do_not_load.

Also do you have the Skype extension (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions)?

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 11:29:34 AM »
^I use IE7 and no I don't have the Skype feature.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 05:08:44 PM »
I'm pretty positive it's an IE issue, and it may have to do with a malicious program that's attatched itself to your browser. Or it may be caused by some sort of content blocker like parental controls or faulty ad/spyware blocking software. However, if you download Firefox, you won't have to worry about anything like this again.

Anyway though, great pictures anyone. Maybe I should try bringing out that photo contest again.