Author Topic: The Ozarks Mountaineer  (Read 13156 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ozarks Mountaineer
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »
Good news! The Missouri Chigger did continue publication in August. They also printed in September and October. The November edition is due out this coming week. Again, if you are in the Truman Lake/Lake of the Ozarks region, please look for copies of the magazine in racks in convenience stores, bait shops, antique malls and flea markets and tourist places like Osceola Cheese.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 05:03:08 PM »
Want to also give a "heads up" to you fans of Ozarks related things..."Ozarks Journal Past/Present/Future" a new magazine being published out of Springfield, MO is due out on the magazine racks at Walmart and Walgreens in the next few days. I've got a couple of stories that are supposed to appear in the debut edition. This magazine was initially due out in October, but editors were putting the finishing touches on things and the printer they had lined up had some sort of issue, so publication got pushed back a few weeks. SUPPORT YOUR OZARKS REGIONAL PERIODICALS!!!  ;D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 06:35:26 PM »
The debut issue of Journal of the Ozarks Past and Present is now out! I have two articles in this new magazine. Larry Dabblemont, noted Missouri outdoor writer, is the publisher through his Lightnin' Ridge Books company based in his hometown of Bolivar, Missouri. I hope you will check out the new magazine. Larry hopes this will be a successor to the popular Ozarks Mountaineer magazine that stopped publishing after 60 years last  year. The Journal of the Ozarks will eventually be available on news stands at Walmart and Walgreens in five states. Larry hopes to eventually work his way up to publishing six issues per year. The magazine has a page on Facebook, and if you check out Larry Dabblemont's Website, you can find out more about him and his books and the other magazine he publishes, called Lightnin' Ridge, which is an outdoor stories magazine. See the cover shot of Journal of the Ozarks at my Flickr page:    http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan 

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »
Very cool, Junior. How might an Okie get ahold of one of these?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 10:08:17 AM »
I'll have to get back to ya. I don't have one yet! There have been many issues for the publishers in getting this magazine out. Nothing good comes easy. I also heard through the grapevine over the weekend that due to a massive reorganization of the first issue, my stories may have been cut. The publisher says he will hold on to all material submitted for use in future editions. Keep your fingers crossed.

Witention

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 12:40:26 PM »
The magazine was for just Branson news, and now it's been changed. I'm lukewarm about it, as much of the Ozark news doesn't mean much to me. It's printed on very nice paper.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 04:04:21 PM »
The magazine was for just Branson news, and now it's been changed. I'm lukewarm about it, as much of the Ozark news doesn't mean much to me. It's printed on very nice paper.

There was nothing coaster wise that would fit SDC's terrain. That park was flat flat flat. Maybe Celebration City but well it's Herschend's version of Hard Rock. That said, the B&M was average according to most but that customized Led Zepplin soundtrack for it was nice. particularly the drop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNB37y1qwQ

I'm hearing that Memphis is close to landing a Hard Rock Hotel on Beale St, this park on Mud Island and with the city's history with rock and roll might have been a much better location.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2015, 05:10:20 PM »
I am happy to report that two Ozarks related magazines have started. The Larry Dabblemont publication discussed above is in print, and has existed for almost 2 years now. It is called JOURNAL OF THE OZARKS and is available in several SW MO and NWA Walmart magazine racks. It is published at Bolivar, MO. The other publication is called OZARK HILLS AND HOLLOWS and is published out of Exeter, MO. It is available for free in convenience stores in SW MO and NWA. I have been in contact with both publishers and hope to see some of my articles in print in the months to come. I still contribute monthly to THE MISSOURI CHIGGER at Lowry City, MO. It is available on racks at convenience stores, bait shops and flea markets in the Truman Lake/Lake of the Ozarks area. I primarily write pieces about Ozarks history and folklore. Support your local and regional magazines and Websites like STATE OF THE OZARKS! If you don't they will disappear, then we all loose!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

WolfHunter

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 12:37:06 PM »
http://issuu.com/ozarkhillsandhollows

Link to the Ozark Hills and Hollows magazine available online. Check page 40 of the newest issue for a familiar face!
Known to be "Amazing" -Swoosh

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 06:57:16 PM »
Want to encourage all to check out my Wattpad site for articles I have written on Ozarks topics including Branson and SDC topics.  Go to Wattpad on line and register for free. Type markandjanette in their search, and all 15 of my articles should pop right up.Thanks!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"