Author Topic: RFD and The Americana Theatre Cutting back on Shows..  (Read 2349 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
RFD and The Americana Theatre Cutting back on Shows..
« on: September 18, 2013, 10:36:25 AM »
The Haygood Organization are making some HUGE changes next year.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_2c61b02a-1fd4-11e3-b5ae-0019bb2963f4.html

With several other shows announcing they wont be back, along with this article... indicates 8 - 10 shows will not be returning next year.. It is only Sept, so there may be more.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: RFD and The Americana Theatre Cutting back on Shows..
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 11:54:55 AM »
Did you read the comments posted by readers below the article? Please do. Even way back in the 1980's when I lived in Branson, it was common to work two summer jobs, because there was no work from November through mid-March. Now that the season is expanded, it's better for workers, but to be cut back in hours is not good. Working for low wages is not good. I have personal experience with that. The regular guy is struggling in America right now, worse than I've seen in a long while. Middle class is shrinking, extremes are more common, with people...most of them...falling to the lower middle class or the lower class in regards to income. The rich keep getting richer. The comments by the first guy are a bit rough to read, but I think he is "on the money" about his points.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 02:41:45 PM »
Junior, this was also discussed on the 1Branson forum.  There was some controversy about it, as Mr. Haygood made a statement, and then later posted again with with the opposite info.  Someone questioned what was the true info, and those with questions had their posts deleted.  I read it last night and didn't see anything derogatory - just people asking what info was true.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 03:11:33 PM »
KSPR released the info Tues nite, apparently they interviewed 2 or 3 of the haygoods.. Then went to the officew and cut/splice/edited there report..  I was told about 85% of the interview was cut out. WHAT?? A media station changing details around to fit their agenda? No way..

I will attach a statement that Tim posted Wed,

TIM HAYGOOD WROTE: Howdy everybody! The news story isn't even close to correct. They edited out 95% of what we said. We are moving to Clay Coopers so we can be on the road and have time with our families as well as do shows in Branson. We will play Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and Clay will play the other evenings. We have been hard at it for 21 years and its time to not work quite as much! The other shows in our production company all already have new homes except for the ones who told us a few months ago they wanted to head out on the road full time. 6 of the 9 shows we produce are going on the road or discontinuing. We were notified of this by most of them earlier this year that they had made that decision, so this has been in the works for a year now... Americana is being leased by other shows in town for 2014 and many of the same employees will work there. RFD employees will go with the shows that move such as the 70's Music Celebration and Joseph Hall. We will also take some of the employees with us. A few will work for other shows in town as well...

Our show is up again this year and we set records this Summer. We are making a change to focus just on our show and our families. Branson has been good to us and we love it here. We plan on a long run at Clays theatre. Clay is awesome and we look forward to an incredible 2014!

Thank you all so much...

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 07:17:28 PM »
More details on the haygoods, redneck tenors,todd oliver.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G6VoxLE_QU