Author Topic: weather and rain  (Read 6520 times)

jnorman35

• View Profile
weather and rain
« on: June 13, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »
I didn't know what thread to put this in so., I started a new thread. We are comming to Branson next week; is there any chance that all of the flooding and the rain to the north and in st louis will effect Branson. Also, If it rains at silver dollar city how long do they shut rides down for before they open them back up? Thanks for the info

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: weather and rain
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 11:35:11 PM »
Weather can be a tricky situation at any theme park.

Rain affects very few rides at SDC. Powder Keg and the Galleon will shut down if it rains. Other rides may do so as needed. The reason for shutting down for rain is that the boarding areas and track can become, slick, for a lack of a better word. Once the rain stops and water dries or can be cleaned up the ride will reopen. When extreme amounts of rain fall the cave can become flooded, but I do emphasize extreme.

Lighting affects most of the rides and attractions. Fire in the Hole and the Flooded Mine are able to continue operation. SDC sits on a hill top and is prone to lighting strikes. They take every precaution when it comes to the rides. Once the lightning is out of the area the attractions will do their best to open as soon as possible.

It all depends on the storm that passes through. SDC wants their guests to be happy, so they will do their best to keep the attractions running as long as it is safe. If the storm is small or if it dissipates once it hits Table Rock Lake then your wait should be short. However, if the storm is severe it may be a while before they reopen. If you only have a one day admission and it rains check about the Good Weather Guarantee, if your day is wet they do want you to come back and have fun!

DocSpeleo

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 08:09:28 AM »
Copper, very good information...
your very knowledgeable and polite.....

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 09:31:48 AM »
Copper, very good information...
your very knowledgeable and polite.....

He works at the park..which pretty much explains both things you said.  ;D
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

DocSpeleo

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 07:33:38 PM »
Copper works at the park? I wonder if I've ever run into him... I'll have to be on the look out for Name tags now with Copper on it.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 07:53:38 PM »
^Haha! I think he works in the cave but don't quote me on that. Ask him yourself.

Back on subject, I hope it doesn't rain next week because I'll be at the park next week with three of my friends.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."