Author Topic: What the Heck, Adventure Mnt. closed  (Read 15337 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: What the Heck, Adventure Mnt. closed
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 06:38:17 AM »
I have only seen pictures of AM,  but from the pictures it appears that only a limited group of people could participate. Is this to be true or are the pictures lacking? Could this be another reason for its closing?
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 07:43:33 AM »
[quote author=shavethewhales link=topic=2375.msg46594#msg46594 date=135528667

Oh well, it sounds like the 2014 attraction will be redeeming. Here's hoping we get a better version of whatever it is in 2015.
[/quote]

Your right Shave, As i said earlier I can see that happening..

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 10:41:33 AM »
They can ship it here. Capacity issues would be less except on  peak days or I'd love to see it sold to a park like Magic Springs. It would rock in a mini golf, go cart FEC if it had the right type theming and suitable area that would let it fit in without major modification and earthwork.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:02:06 AM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 09:37:56 PM »
I have only seen pictures of AM,  but from the pictures it appears that only a limited group of people could participate. Is this to be true or are the pictures lacking? Could this be another reason for its closing?

There are 3 courses and each course has 3 paths.  No, the capacity of the attraction is quite high.  The litigation that has been filed against the park because of the attraction on the other hand is also quite high.  I was surprised that they added it in the first place.  This is more of a FEC attraction.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 09:51:59 PM »

There are 3 courses and each course has 3 paths.  No, the capacity of the attraction is quite high.  The litigation that has been filed against the park because of the attraction on the other hand is also quite high.  I was surprised that they added it in the first place.  This is more of a FEC attraction.

Americans have turned in to a bunch of female cats. And we agree on the FEC angle but it would fit into a concept that I mentioned here once with an man made river course for rafting and kayaking and rock/wall climbing type of center.

Hollwood

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 07:25:58 AM »
I played on Adventure Mnt. Once, and I have to say that I was not impressed. The large scale of the attraction made it less family friendly. The size of Stone Mnt. Course is just right. Also it it's very restrictive attraction due to the required footware. You must wear fully in closed shoes, that means no flip flops or other backless shoes. This has to be a PR nightmare! Think about how many people come in those types of shoes, and the only fore warning they would have about the restriction is on the web site under that sole attraction (pun very much intended). I hate to see it go because it's a beautiful attraction, and it is always full when I walk by it, but it's just not for Dollywood, or any theme park in my opinion. Oh, and have you seen the amount of staff it takes to operate? Close to 20 employees when it is 100% open, which is another problem. On slow days, when you have to watch your staff budget, you can't just take a train off, you have to close a section, and the sections that close are the higher up,and more thrilling section.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 01:06:49 PM »
Screamscape reports of rumors that it will end up at Stone Mountain. But, they also report it's smaller version closed in Nov.

Hollwood

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 07:24:24 AM »
Screamscape reports of rumors that it will end up at Stone Mountain. But, they also report it's smaller version closed in Nov.

That is just Screamscape talking out there rear ends. Stone Mountain's course always closes as they have limited attractions open for there Snow Mountain event. There is no way that Adventure Mountain is going to Stone Mountain. That would make close to zero, if not negative sense. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 01:30:57 PM »
I can't see AM going anywhere... It was built on a very specific terrain, and it seems like most of the attraction was made up of things like rockwork, roofing, waterfalls, landscaping, etc., that can't be moved. It would be easier for any other park in the chain to just start over new.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 04:05:33 PM »
I can't see AM going anywhere... It was built on a very specific terrain, and it seems like most of the attraction was made up of things like rockwork, roofing, waterfalls, landscaping, etc., that can't be moved. It would be easier for any other park in the chain to just start over new.
they can likely take certain segments and incoporate it with the existing structure at Stone Mountian.

Yes, it's on a terrain but it's on basically three level plateaus, A new beam here or there may be needed but it's movable.

But I'm willing to suggest this is going to get a Rocky Mountain project, just ties back to them mentioning them earlier this year.
http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=2082.0

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:33:14 PM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »
^RMC is coming in the near future to DW (if SDC's is a success) but that area is not where I heard it was going.

Also, I wouldn't rule out a new B&M showing up at SDC in the near future... just saying
SWOOSH

Hollwood

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »
Looks like those who knew that Adventure Mountain was not being moved to Stone Mountain was right. I think HFEC is dropping the thought of building another one in another property as well. If you want to relocate it to your house or your neighborhood FEC here is the link to purchase it! http://www.intermarkridegroup.com/major-family-rides/rope-course-mj1387