Author Topic: PTR: Dollywood Smoky Mt. Christmas  (Read 2780 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
PTR: Dollywood Smoky Mt. Christmas
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »
Got a chance to visit Dollywood on Veterans Day.
A lot of fun and Wild Eagle is awesome.
http://midwestinfoguide.com/migcrew/2012/dollywood/
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: PTR: Dollywood Smoky Mt. Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:17:16 PM »
Ah man, Wild Eagle looks *amazing*. I vote for SDC getting a coaster like this for their next one.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 08:18:36 PM »
Great pics again swoosh..... looks like a good visit with great weather...

I would like to have seen the mini RR, and the buildings;;;looked good in pictures...

thanks!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 08:04:05 AM »
As always, Swoosh...thanks for the report and photos! Dollywood looks great.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 05:54:29 PM »
We made it down to DW for Thanksgiving.  Got to go to the park three days.  Had a great time.  The park looked great, the food was very good, and the shows were entertaining.  Always impressed with how quickly their trams get you back to your car.  They had them lined up one after the other.  As Swoosh mentioned, Wild Eagle is a very different ride in the dark.  I thought it was much more fun as you never knew which way you were going.  It is a very smooth coaster.  My youngest daughter loves Adventure Mountain.  We had to go on it all three days.  She claims she could spend all day there.  Got one last ride on the Polar Express 4D motion simulator.  One of the workers told me it won't be back next year.  They are going to have their version of "Christmas Carol" next  year.  I assume it will be the same as SDC's.  Their Christmas lights on Main Street are good.  They need to put a little more effort in the lights in Timber Canyon and back by Adventure Mountain and Wild Eagle in my opinion.  Crowds were managable all three days we were there. Again, had a great time!