Author Topic: White Water 2014 project?  (Read 38363 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: White Water 2014 project?
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 11:55:43 AM »
That's a good PR Dept. sell job. Families ask for thrill and we get an average staple of WhiteWater's catalog. It would have been nice if it was part of a new six or seven slide tower This would have been a nice addition but not a main attraction.

What about something like this

Or

Or do what Swoosh sez and build just half of this out by SDC
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:12:27 PM by chittlins »

Hollwood

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »
That's a good PR Dept. sell job. Families ask for thrill and we get an average staple of WhiteWater's catalog.

It will be a Proslide version, and WW is getting a new water slide, so let's be gratetful.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 03:46:37 PM »
I'm feeling sassy, so I'll say it!  We are grateful, but it never hurts to wish for more and hope for bigger.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2013, 06:09:37 AM »
GOOD NEWS: the new addition sets the park up for future expansion in the area
BAD NEWS: these will be the shortest slides of this type (both height and length) in the state/area

A quality addition to the park, no doubt -- just curious why they didn't go for longer/higher slides if they were wanting thrills.

SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2013, 07:28:57 AM »
GOOD NEWS: the new addition sets the park up for future expansion in the area
BAD NEWS: these will be the shortest slides of this type (both height and length) in the state/area

A quality addition to the park, no doubt -- just curious why they didn't go for longer/higher slides if they were wanting thrills.

Being put off by the recent buying spree of  his parent corporation, this Guy here has sought a place where his miser ways are a better fit. Meet Herschend's new CFO:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:36:02 AM by chittlins »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2013, 08:42:10 AM »
I don't do the white water thing, or any other water parks either..  but do lsten to you all when discussing it..  I am a little surprised at the "size" of the new ride,? With only an investment of 1.7 mill....  for a ltiile more they could have added a "real" ride.. ???

Hollwood

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2013, 10:47:54 AM »
I will confess that I was wrong with the manufacturer... I did not think that HFE and White Water West were doing business anymore. The last several HFE water park additions have been proslide. $1.7 does not buy you a lot in today's amusement industry. I think this will be a great addition.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2013, 11:03:51 AM »
I guess my point was..... for a little more money they could have gone taller and made the ride more of a thrill for the public..... 

(I read my previous comment and it didn't sound right.)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2013, 04:54:52 PM »
in case you don't have this link, link to webcam that you can see WW in...

http://www.bransontravelandvacation.com/webcams/4

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 04:54:05 PM »
I know I'm late to the party.  Glad to see they are at least trying, even though it's going to take a lot more.  But...

I'm very sad to see the Bermuda Triangle go.  Perhaps I'm in the minority.  But when my family used to go to WW we always enjoyed the bermuda triangle.
But we haven't gone in ten years or more, so I guess I can't complain that one of my favorites is going away.
Should try to make it back, but from what I hear on this board it just might not be worth it and my memories are probably better than the reality.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 11:29:48 PM »
I have fond memories of the bermuda triangle to, but it was obviously time for it to go. Slides seem to have a more obvious shelf life than conventional rides.

As for WW itself though, I honestly think it keeps getting better, albeit slowly. The newly improved areas look good. This new slide is honestly kind of hard to get too excited over, though it will be interesting and hit a nice demographic of 8-12ish kids that are the meat of WW's crowd. As always, I'm interested to see how the area around this will be redeveloped, as it could be yet another big extension of the slow process to completely revitalize the park.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »
In my old age of 39, I find that waterparks aren't as appealing to me as they once were. I'll take the area of Table Rock Rock on Indian Point any day of the week.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2014, 11:02:36 AM »
I'm 40 but I enjoy the water. I love riding the raft slides with my kids and look forward to hitting up a large raft size water coaster like the one they put in at Dollywood. I'm not much on individual slide rides, but I love the wave system that schlitterbahn has on it's lazy river and the old school tube rapids section.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2014, 12:19:57 AM »
well at 39 & 40, you boys are still on the bottle.
But I do think it is kinda  cool that you can still hack a big dose of water across the mug at 40.
I have to agree more with OKIE in this case. Im not fond of water splashin me in the face (I didnt like it at 39 either). I really dont care much for water holes at all these days. -- I do enter Hurricane Harbor at SFSL, but only because its included with park admission. I thoroughly enjoy the wave pool, lazy river, and the big (dumping) bucket.  Those 3 attractions are hardly worth a days admission though IMO.
Chitlins, stay young buddy. Its "W"ell to get old. I really do think its neat you still ride wild water slides - thats awesome.

-----------------------------------------------------

I do like that WW is getting improvements though. Water parks are huge these days.  I do kinda wish we could get a good "extreme" ride, like so many other water parks have these days.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream