Author Topic: Woodcarving schedule at Valley Woodcarvers  (Read 3448 times)

Ozark Woodcarver

• McCoy
  • Demonstrating Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Artists Page
Woodcarving schedule at Valley Woodcarvers
« on: November 14, 2012, 10:30:33 PM »
I will be carving at Valley Woodcarvers on the following dates.  Stop by, say hello, and let me know you saw this on the fan site.  I love hearing from everyone!  My name is Steve Smith from Bentonville, AR, and I am almost always at the big bench in the back when I am guest carving there.
11/15, 11/16, and 11/17
12/13, and 12/14

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Woodcarving schedule at Valley Woodcarvers
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 03:19:35 AM »
Thanks, Steve. Hope to get to visit with you at SDC. I live at Pea Ridge, and wonder, is there some place locally in NW Arkansas where your work can be seen and purchased?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 06:52:21 AM »
Steve, my husband would like to know that, also.  He is also interested in woodcarving workshops within driving distance of Branson.  We would plan a vacation around it, if it worked out.  It would be cool if SDC would offer workshops; probably not cost effective.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:04:53 AM »
They do it for cooking; don't see why carving workshops would be any less cost effective, but maybe I'm missing the obvious.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 12:52:36 PM »
They do it for cooking; don't see why carving workshops would be any less cost effective, but maybe I'm missing the obvious.

That was our thought, also.  If the schedule was out with plenty of advance, woodcarvers could plan for it.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 08:37:36 PM »
They used to offer workshops on days off, and also offered cigar store indian, and carousel horse clinics when they had the old place with alot more room...been at least 15-20 yrs since then though.

Ozark Woodcarver

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »
Pea Ridge - no kidding!  I live in Bentonville and carve primarily in my basement studio.  I have a Facebook artist page at Steve Smith Ozark Mountain Carver.  I also have galleries online at WoodcarvingIllustrated.com (which I badly need to update). I sell at SDC during the park season, but do orders independently as well.

Click here for my gallery:
http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1022

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Steve-Smith-Ozark-Mountain-Carver/181093671969836

As far as seminars, SDC quit doing theirs about 4 years ago.  Too bad too, it was a very good and a very large one.  I believe Mike Shipley does one in Springfield, MO in the spring, and there is a woodcarving rendezvous at the Compton Ridge campground every fall (I think it was in the last couple of weeks or so).  Either can be easily located via the great Google.

Ozark Woodcarver

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Last two days this year - Woodcarving schedule at Valley Woodcarvers
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 02:18:39 PM »
My last two carving days until next season -

12/13 and 12/14.

Merry Christmas everyone!