Author Topic: The 4K Club...  (Read 9781 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
The 4K Club...
« on: November 12, 2012, 01:49:59 PM »
Hey Rube and Junior.. 

I was sitting here on the porch thinking about all the pretty lights and the OTC festivities. When i heard a lot of heavy trucks.equipment and workers in the background.. 

At 1st i figured it was a crew getting ready to work on Aunt Polly's area. Man!!  i was surprised when they stopped here at the cabin and began to add a 2nd story. Said they were adding 3 "Penthouse" suites, now that the 4k post mark has been broken..

the workers said something about the best rooms in the house for the "OLD" guys... ??? ??? ???  Not sure what they meant by that..  They did mention something about a possible elevator to help accomadate Rube after his 5K runs... nice guys huh??? ;D

Anyway, dont be surprised when you stop in for some fresh Wassil or Cocoa, there is a lot going on here.!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: The 4K Club...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 01:53:14 PM »
(by the way, I tried to put this post in the announcement section with the rest of the previous post, but i am not able to start a new topic there. Someone may want to move this over there)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 02:03:24 PM »
Yes with my hiatus, I was set back a few posts, but I'll be arriving shortly! I have a few stops to make along the way, but I'll get there soon enough!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 02:19:32 PM by rubedugans »

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 05:02:34 PM »
It's just a matter of time before I get there. SDC is my "special" place, just like it is for all who post here on a regular basis. Keep a rocking chair ready for me! See ya soon.  ;D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 04:30:50 PM »
Ahhh, just checked the stats for both my accounts, JUNIOR, and JUNIOR, TOO, and discovered I've passed the 4,000 post  mark! The view is nice from here at the clubhouse. Got a funnel cake at my side and a cold Coke, delivered by a saloon girl. Kickin' back and just enjoying it all. Come visit, ya hear?
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 11:20:56 PM »
Congrats Junior(s). why the 2 usernames?

Life's gotten in the way, I'll be by , but I've gotten a bit busy . No time for sob stories, I gotta post a few times to reach the 4K while I have a few minutes!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 09:48:12 AM »
I'm not tech saavy. I kept the JUNIOR  account logged on all the time, but from time to time a power outage or something else knocked me off, and it took forever to dig around to find my password to get logged in again. I can't figure out the password change thing, so when I got a computer notebook as a gift I set up the JUNIOR, TOO account so I could be logged on somewhere. Anyway, it's weird, but it works.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 03:24:59 PM »
*knock knock* Hi, can I come into your clubhouse?

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 03:37:05 PM »
Welcome, Rube!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 04:35:24 PM »
Junior, you're only in there on probation.  Accounts are non-transferable (kind of a "one-coupon-per-customer" thing).  Once you have reached 4k in a single account, you will be able to wander about unaccompanied.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 06:45:30 PM »
Welcome home Rube!!  Nice to see ya...  Wassil is on the stove and the cook will be here shortly to take you order.....

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 09:46:46 PM »
sdr, what are you doing slumming with the 4Kers?  Shouldn't you be enjoying the executive suite in the 5K house?  Or is it just too lonely over there?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 08:01:10 AM »
LOL.. Love the Penthouse suite right now,

We always dine together, you know, kind of a community dinner together. (although we don't say the pledge)..LOL

But when I leave the facility, to go amongst the people at the city, I always walk down the stairs, instead of the elevator....  A stroll through the slum area always makes a guy appreciate what he has. ;D.

:o :o :o :o

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 08:48:05 AM »
 ;D

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 08:59:59 PM »
LOL.. Love the Penthouse suite right now,

We always dine together, you know, kind of a community dinner together. (although we don't say the pledge)..LOL

But when I leave the facility, to go amongst the people at the city, I always walk down the stairs, instead of the elevator....  A stroll through the slum area always makes a guy appreciate what he has. ;D.

:o :o :o :o

;D ;D ;D