Author Topic: SDC Christmas Ornament Check List  (Read 52747 times)

Hollwood

Re: SDC Christmas Ornament Check List
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2015, 08:07:23 AM »
Are you to a complete set now or what are still missing?

I have no clue to be honest. I would have to make a checklist like yours which I might do once my plane lands tonight!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2016, 04:27:50 PM »
Time to update the list.  Any guesses on what the new ornament might be before its official debut tomorrow?
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2016, 05:59:15 PM »
Hard to say what it will be....

What was all the new stuff in SDC this year?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2016, 06:44:27 PM »
Personally I'd like them to do another legacy building
SWOOSH

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2016, 04:54:13 AM »
Like the Tree house!?!!   :-\
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

pintrader

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2016, 07:54:16 AM »
Like the Tree house!?!!   :-\

The Tree House would be great or Fire In The Hole.  Then save the Flooded Mine for anniversary year 2018

HikerDan

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2016, 04:35:57 PM »
We were on park for around 3 hours today and peeked into the building for pass renewal and ornament collection intending on getting our yearly ornaments.  There was a decent line of folks in front of us and we weren't in a huge hurry so we waited around a bit, and the line WAS NOT moving at all. So 20 minutes goes by without a step towards the building and I decide to just move to the entry way and peek into the building to see "what's up?" and I see some ornament looking things dangling from red string off of each cashier area and they appeared to be tiny pewter picture frames...I think. 

We bailed out on the line and left (there was more talking and chatting goin' on inside the building between operators and customers than actual transactions), and I COULD BE MISTAKEN, but what I saw just might be a lil' tiny picture frame ornament with Silver Dollar City, or somethin or other, etched into the bottom.  That's what was hanging from the counters anyhow.  If I'm wrong ya'll please let me know. Otherwise, I think I'll skip the ornament collection this year.   
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:37:37 PM by HikerDan »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2016, 06:42:12 PM »
Sure those aren't ornaments for the Santa pictures you were looking at?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

HikerDan

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2016, 07:15:23 PM »
Sure those aren't ornaments for the Santa pictures you were looking at?

Don't know...just saw frame type ornaments hanging in front of every register and a non-moving stagnant line and bailed on the whole operation. 

After the firedog ornament they gave out last year we weren't too concerned to stick around and figure out just what this year's ornament actually was. 

HUGE crowd this year on opening night of Old Time Christmas though.  SDC is killin' it with this fest.  We were there from 10:45 to 2:30 and left after the ornament deal and when we realized the Pickers were gonna hole up inside of that cabin on a 60+ degree day instead of playing out front like they should have been. 

Great 3+ hours in the park this morn though as we rode every ride in the place easily and visited many shops with very little crowd early.  Great, great morning/noon at SDC in November.  That place was gonna get insane crazy after 3:00ish though.  On our way out through the lot we saw plates from MO, AR, OK, KS, LA, MS, NE, IA, CO, NM, TN, KY, and OH.  SDC is bringin' em in from a dozen states or more for a Christmas Fest on November, 5...amazing!

Ya'll let us know if this years collectible ornament isn't actually a picture frame...thanks!

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2016, 09:29:42 AM »
It is a picture frame. I got mine yesterday... I had been to 7 "festivals". I asked for how many times i had been this year and they could not tell me that. I was just curious as I don't keep track

pintrader

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2016, 10:39:50 AM »
It is a picture frame. I got mine yesterday... I had been to 7 "festivals". I asked for how many times i had been this year and they could not tell me that. I was just curious as I don't keep track

Does this picture frame say anything or have any type of writing on it?

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2016, 12:31:27 PM »
I got my passes Saturday at 2:20. I looked at my ornament with an odd expression and said "a picture frame...really???" They pushed the family theme so much they even put it in the ornament.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2017, 08:47:43 PM »
So I’m predicting this year’s will be the “Christmas in Midtown” logo.  What are your guesses?
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2017, 10:00:41 PM »
Brad just confirmed that it is a dimensional Year of Food & Crafts logo this year. 
SWOOSH

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2017, 10:35:08 AM »
Brad just confirmed that it is a dimensional Year of Food & Crafts logo this year.

Well that's disappointing. 
You have a great past just ahead of you.