Author Topic: Silver Dollar City Art Exhibit  (Read 4372 times)

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Silver Dollar City Art Exhibit
« on: June 08, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »
Back in April there was an art exhibit featuring artists from the University of Oklahoma. I went with my friend and was extremely shocked to find photographs of Silver Dollar City. There were snapshots of Fire in the Hole, the Flooded Mine, baldknobbers, and the train robbery. They looked like pictures I would have taken on my own vacation to the City except they were taken with a professional camera, enlarged, and framed. The artist also had pictures from Dollywood and I forget what the point of her show was but it had something to do with her not having an appreciation for frontier theme parks. SHE WAS SELLING THESE PHOTOGRAPHS FOR $600!!!!! Here's one of them: http://www.flickr.com/photos/haterpotater/2395097848/in/set-72157604417649000/
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 09:40:37 PM by sonthew »

sdcforever

Re: Silver Dollar City Art Exhibit
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 07:01:58 AM »
$600 is pretty steep.  If I really liked one of her pictures I'd ask if I could borrow it and scan it into my PC.  Or, better yet, just ask her to email it to me.  I'm sure she has it saved digitally somewhere. :)

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 12:33:09 PM »
Ya, seriously. Or just take the picture yourself. I'm sure we all have plenty of pictures from SDC that could have been in her art exhibit.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 03:00:12 PM »
Hey, Steve!  Here's another way to make some money on the site!  Got any shots that can be successfully enlarged?  We could all share in the proceeds and buy season passes for next year.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 03:00:53 PM by Dale »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 03:01:05 PM »
I could definitely 'shop some of them to be just as good or better than hers.  ::)