Author Topic: 2024 Trip Reports  (Read 419 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
2024 Trip Reports
« on: March 18, 2024, 09:30:44 PM »
Cold on the last day of winter before the first day of spring. 

- Grabbed some plastic passes in lieu of the digital passes. They just seem easier to fiddle with.
- Not many guests, so parking was very easy, but the new lot arrangements, exit lanes, and name/number/color designations and clear signage are very nice.
- Most people seemed to have stayed away with 29-45° temps.  Crowds were minimal in the Monday of many Spring Breaks in the area.
- The windows at the demonstration area for Heartland Furnishings seem like they will be a constant source of glare and reflection. It may be hard to watch the demo without putting hands around your face and getting against the glass.
- Play some music in the furniture showroom for crying out loud. The place is like s very uncomfortable museum. Very awkward to shop in there while some family sits in the couches (to stay warm) and stares at you.  I couldn’t get out of there fast enough.
- It was nice to see candy and taffy demonstrations in process for a change.
- I really would prefer if the seasonal acts could take it upon themselves to dress more in theme and use music that also gets closer to the theme.
- Kettle Corn bucket refills increased price from $2 to $3.  The $10 bags the sell appear to be significantly smaller as well.
- Wanted to get a cave tour with Cave Guide Cory, but I guess I’ll have to do that later in the season.
- Even though temperatures reached 44-45°, the only coaster in operation was Outlaw Run.  We were quite disappointed that the park never opened the others even when temps reached the levels they list.  Not fun when the 13-year-old has his heart set on taking his girlfriend in her first ride on Powder Keg (not that it wouldn’t be experiencing other shutdowns).  We left the park around 3:30 or 4:00.
- Upgrading our season pass mug to unlimited refills for $10.80 seemed to be a no brainer.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

SingleRider

• View Profile
Re: 2024 Trip Reports
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 10:58:49 PM »
I went in and talked to the craftsmen about those Heartland Furnishings windows, and they’re supposed to be removed when demonstrations begin. They’re still fitting some of the line shaft equipment, most notably the upper portions of the scroll saw, and putting safety guards on the tools. Very much looking forward to seeing the new shop in action.
You're too close to that nitro!

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 Trip Reports
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 01:53:03 PM »
I went last weekend and guys Flooded Mine looks and sounds better than it has in years. Also noticed some new lighting effects that were very well done. I heard audio in show scenes that I haven’t heard in 15 years. Wildfire’s queue also looks really fresh. American Plunge is still American Plunge and PowderKeg is looking horrible but other than that off-season maintenance was very well done this year.
Fire In The Hole!