Author Topic: E mail survey  (Read 5599 times)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
E mail survey
« on: October 01, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
Got my usual quarterly email with subject line Silver Dollar City. I normally do take the time to complete these and when I started this one I noticed it was mainly on how to drum up more business for WW. Some of the question were like

"What is the main reason you have not visitied ww?"

"Are you aware there is a 2 park SuperPass for sdc and ww"?

"What is the most you would pay for a 2 park pass before you thought it was too expensive"?

"What is the least amount you would think the 2 park pass should be priced at before you thought there must not be much worth going for if it's that cheap" (paraphrase a little here)

"What kind of events would make you more or less likely to consider visiting WW?" (one of those was being open 24hrs on summer solstice)

"How likely would you be to purchase a 2 park pass if the ticket price was $40?"

Not sure if WW is struggling or if they've seen an upshot in SDC attendance with the heavily discounted tickets they offer later in the year or a little of both.

Discussion?

"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: E mail survey
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »
I would LOVE to buy a 2 park pass for 40 bucks!!!  LOL!!!  of course I wouldn't go to WW...BUT save me 30-35 dollars on my SDC pass!!!!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 08:31:27 PM »
There's a reason that WOF is combining the two parks next year....

White Water needs to expand quite a bit to make it a destination park.
SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 07:48:57 AM »
I would never buy a combo ticket. I just dont like WW. Its an expense I cant afford after I purchase SDC SP. I am sure my kid would enjoy it dont get me wrong but why bother when we have just as much fun at SDC? I hate WW. Its lame.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 07:04:53 PM »
For several years we bought all-park passes. But we were never pleased with the WW aspect.  #1  Most of the time it was raining on the day we had available to go to WW so we got limited use of the passes.  #2 It took forever to enter the park (wait in line, check your bags, scan your pass, rent a locker).  #3 In all of the years we had passes we could never get a tube to use in the wave pool and we would have to wait FOREVER to get a tube to use in the lazy river. #4 Shaded seating is scarce without paying big bucks.  #5 The operating days and hours are way too limited.  #6 WW should have a dome to be a year-round attraction.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »
What a GREAT idea...

enclose WW!!....

maybe add a couple of roller coasters and small kidddy rides....... LOL!!!  Great!!  wonder why nobody has done that yet....  OH WAIT, they have..

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 08:00:02 PM »
I would LOVE to buy a 2 park pass for 40 bucks!!!  LOL!!!  of course I wouldn't go to WW...BUT save me 30-35 dollars on my SDC pass!!!!

Before you get too excited here, (and I made the same mistake) they're talking about a one day pass for both parks. Not season.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »
For several years we bought all-park passes. But we were never pleased with the WW aspect.  #1  Most of the time it was raining on the day we had available to go to WW so we got limited use of the passes.  #2 It took forever to enter the park (wait in line, check your bags, scan your pass, rent a locker).  #3 In all of the years we had passes we could never get a tube to use in the wave pool and we would have to wait FOREVER to get a tube to use in the lazy river. #4 Shaded seating is scarce without paying big bucks.  #5 The operating days and hours are way too limited.  #6 WW should have a dome to be a year-round attraction.

I didn't list every question (and there were a lot) but almost everything you list here was asked as reasons why I don't go, or how to compel me to go. Limit per day attendance (which would address a lot of these), allow you to bring your own food in and/or discount food prices, some type of weather voucher, etc. I'm not saying they're going to do any of these things but apparently someone somewhere is aware of these issues.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 09:02:50 PM »
There's a reason that WOF is combining the two parks next year....

White Water needs to expand quite a bit to make it a destination park.

Might it have something to do with Schiliterbahn and it's grandious plans? New competition with the Lego/Sea Life?  Kansas City is packed full of fun, weekend getaway stuff.

WW may suffer as it's detached from SDC and doesn't have a huge local population to draw from.

An indoor/ outdoor  water park attraction with the indoor being a lodge only perk for a resort at SDC  especially  during ORC could draw but again theres the Grand Country with it's motel six rooms and brick beds.

Shame that HFEC couldn't locate CC and WW side by side and offer a single ticket for both. I get that they were close but it made it two whole different destinations. They should just desmantle OzCat at the point, it's just sad.

There is nothing special about ?Magic Springs except that it's a water park/ ride park combi at a good price. mix it in with a decent concert included with admission and it's a great value for what it is
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:06:03 PM by chittlins »