Author Topic: Hersheypark  (Read 3820 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Hersheypark
« on: June 04, 2008, 09:28:49 AM »
Does anyone know much about Hersheypark? I might get the chance to go there this summer and I've heard great things but I don't know much of what is there. Their website doesn't say much really. I do know one thing--I'll love the food!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

Re: Hersheypark
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 10:25:14 AM »
There's a lot to do there!  In fact too much to put in one post.  Their wikipedia page is very informative.  Here's a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hersheypark

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:41:30 AM »
^Thanks for all the info sdcforever. I didn't even think to look on wikipedia. Looks like they have a great safety record and you get fee admission to a zoo, a mini-waterpark, and Hershey's Chocolate World. That is a lot of stuff to do! I really hope I get to go.

DocSpeleo

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 05:36:26 PM »
Hershey Park is GREAT!  I used to live just an hour from the park and it was my "silver dollar city" until I moved permanently to Missouri. 

The smell of chocolate permeates the park it's lovely!  hahaha

They have several great rides and even a rotating kissing tower....
It is well worth the trip just to stand by a giant hershey kiss for a photo op!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 09:33:13 AM »
Well we are going to go to Hershey! The problem we can only spend one day there. Is there anything at the park that we just absolutely cannot miss? I've been looking at pictures and the park's website and everything.

DocSpeleo

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 07:31:46 PM »
well, you have to see the chocolate factory just because it's Hershey.  lol

and the rotating hershey kiss tower is nice it gives a great view of the park.

after that it's rides that are your tastes... they have some good ones. read up and find which ones you think you'd like.

and when your there take notice of their ride height signs

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 08:00:23 PM »
^Thanks for the info. All their coasters look really fun actually. I saw that Comet was built in 1947 or something like that! Now that is old for a coaster. If I ride it (which is likely, I'm wanting to ride everything possible) it'll be the oldest coaster I've ever ridden. I also have a few more questions if you could answer them for me:

Is the chocolate factory the Hershey's Chocolate World next to the park? If not, is the factory included in your admission to the park?

What is the best coaster there? I've read up on all of them and they all look really fun. Especially Roller Soaker and Stormruner. Those just look like a really fun rides to me. What are the best times of the day to ride the coasters and the large water rides?

Thanks to whoever can answer these questions for me. If no one can answer them I know someone on a different forum I may be able to ask.

DocSpeleo

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 09:46:35 AM »
Really the lines aren't too bad... or they weren't too bad in the times that I went... and I was there a lot ... and different times throughout the years.  It has been 5 years since I've been though.
You are able to ride every ride on park a couple times even on busy days they are really efficient in getting you through the lines.

The chocolate factory tour is a ride that was created to resemble the factory.  Its not actually a factory tour... I don't remember if it's included in the price of the visit or not.  I believe it is, but you walk out of the park to get there.  It's right next door.

The comet is awesome.  It probably is my favorite... and so rickety.. 
The roller soaker was great I rode it the first year that it opened and then haven't been back since... but have been dying to get there. lol its so cool.  for those of you that don't know what it is - - go search you'll find it amusing.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 09:50:17 AM »
Okay, thanks. It's good to hear we'll be able to ride all the rides in a day. That means we might even have time for the mini waterpark they have!  ;D