Author Topic: Haunted House  (Read 3748 times)

DocSpeleo

Haunted House
« on: June 03, 2008, 04:01:48 PM »
I was looking at the paintings on the inside of the ticket booths and some old park maps and there was a Haunted House... I believe I also read a slight blurb about it in the Silver Dollar City book. 
Anyone know anything about a Haunted House in the city? 

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
Re: Haunted House
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 05:56:12 PM »
Grandfathers was sort of billed as a house of mystery and is in the ticket booths, but there has never been a haunted house unless you count the hatfield haint show, or Rockie the racoon "ghost" at the root beer factory. Then again there was Matilda Jones the ghost on the Owens float trip loking for her husband Pudgie in a whole cave of ghosts....Hmmm
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

DocSpeleo

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 07:08:38 PM »
thanks for the info

sdcforever

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 10:13:55 AM »
Grandfathers was sort of billed as a house of mystery and is in the ticket booths, but there has never been a haunted house unless you count the hatfield haint show, or Rockie the racoon "ghost" at the root beer factory. Then again there was Matilda Jones the ghost on the Owens float trip loking for her husband Pudgie in a whole cave of ghosts....Hmmm

Old Guy, can you tell us more about Rockie the racoon "ghost" at the root beer factory?  That sounds like an interesting tale.

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 10:30:54 AM »
The tree house second incarnation. See the random stuff roundup last entry. also mentioned in Sam's Mining Shack thread
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 10:38:39 AM by Old Guy »
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

sdcforever

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 04:38:59 PM »
^Thanks, Old Guy!  Such a clever racoon, pretending to be a ghost by wearing a white sheet.  ;)