Author Topic: SDC's 2012 Project  (Read 112327 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2012 Project
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »
See I find it really unfair that they have this trailblazer pass. I for one even if I had the money would not buy it. It is a waste. And for the select few who can purchase it and cut the line well that sucks waiting in line with the kids and trying to teach them about taking turns and waiting patiently. Then because someone has the cash gets special perks. But who am I but a lowly season pass holder to complain....
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2012, 07:21:53 PM »
See I find it really unfair that they have this trailblazer pass. I for one even if I had the money would not buy it. It is a waste. And for the select few who can purchase it and cut the line well that sucks waiting in line with the kids and trying to teach them about taking turns and waiting patiently. Then because someone has the cash gets special perks. But who am I but a lowly season pass holder to complain....

I feel the same way.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2012, 08:33:16 PM »
Some other updates at the park since the 2012 addition was nothing really...
  • The new Tater Twist Shack,
  • The remodeled Pottery Shop-the counter/ checkout was moved and the demonstration area was expanded
    • The New Christmas Hollow seemed a bit empty compared to the plethora of stuff that was in the previous location
    • The removal of the Medicine Wagon,
      • and some new signage here and there.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #288 on: March 27, 2012, 12:37:42 PM »
Great updates Rube!

I am always a fan of expanding any craft demonstration area, so the improvements to the Pottery Shop are welcomed. Hopefully, the new Christmas Hollow will eventually fill up, and be just as festive as it was before. Also, new signage, and similar themed elements are always great additions. ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 27, 2012, 04:20:59 PM »
Rube, I noticed the new Tater shack and the removal of the medicine wagon on opening day. I hope the medicine wagon will just be put into storage for a while before it pops up on park again. It is good for use as a small stage for acoustic performances in a quiet area of the park.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 22, 2012, 07:14:13 AM »

Didn't. Need anything of the sort on Sunday, or on most days during the week during the summer. I've learned the secret of when to visit for a ride packed day. Z

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 22, 2012, 07:47:02 AM »
Didn't. Need anything of the sort on Sunday, or on most days during the week during the summer.
You are right there, I was in Sunday the 20th and there were no lines, it was a great day.
I don't think I would go on Memorial day and expect short lines.  Saturdays are not days I choose to enjoy SDC.  Sunday on the other hand always seems to be a nice sparse crowd.

WolfHunter

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2012, 10:30:18 AM »
"Some other updates at the park since the 2012 addition was nothing really...
•The new Tater Twist Shack,

•The remodeled Pottery Shop-the counter/ checkout was moved and the demonstration area was expanded
◦The New Christmas Hollow seemed a bit empty compared to the plethora of stuff that was in the previous location

◦The removal of the Medicine Wagon,
■and some new signage here and there."

Rube I believe you left out the moving of the woodcarving shop into the cramped old Christmas Hollow
Known to be "Amazing" -Swoosh

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #293 on: July 19, 2012, 12:08:50 AM »
I think I forgot to mention this before, but I seem to remember that at least one side of PK's failed water tunnel has been completely removed. I guess this means they've given up on getting that to work. I seem to remember there being some issue with moisture affecting the sensors.

I also noticed a lot of new thematic signage and such in various places, like TNT's tunnel. Some of it may have been from the last couple of years, but I'm sure some of it is brand new, and some of it really blends in well with the rest of the park. I was glad to see that they still have some of the old touch. Can't remember any specific examples though.

Enjoy

« Reply #294 on: July 19, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:15:47 AM by Enjoy »

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 29, 2012, 03:59:39 PM »
I think I forgot to mention this before, but I seem to remember that at least one side of PK's failed water tunnel has been completely removed. I guess this means they've given up on getting that to work. I seem to remember there being some issue with moisture affecting the sensors.

I also noticed a lot of new thematic signage and such in various places, like TNT's tunnel. Some of it may have been from the last couple of years, but I'm sure some of it is brand new, and some of it really blends in well with the rest of the park. I was glad to see that they still have some of the old touch. Can't remember any specific examples though.

Also, sometime in the last few years, I noticed a new sign inside FITH. I'm not sure if that's been mentioned here, but I'm glad to see that they're still putting thoughts and money into old rides.