Author Topic: WiFi at SDC?  (Read 10392 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: WiFi at SDC?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 06:09:02 PM »
i guess i dont care either way....as long as they dont put the modem and router in the middle of the square where we can see it..... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »
Exactly. Wifi at Silver Dollar City wouldn’t be that big of a deal. It’s out of sight, and out of mind unless you want to use it. With the exception of some hardware behind a closed door somewhere, the physical presence of a Wifi system would be totally invisible.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 09:06:17 PM »
I have 3G on my phone, so I've never needed a WiFi connection there. But OMG, I LOVED using the GPS-enabled park map on the app. SO COOL. So I imagine someone who'd need WiFi to use it on their phone would really want to have a connection available to do so.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 07:43:34 PM »
I’m surprised they don’t have a password protected, WiFi in place for company use. However, a public WiFi wouldn’t be a bad idea either. Silver Dollar City’s new app is very dependant on an internet connection, and if I am going to use their app inside the park, I might as well use free WiFi instead of burning my own data.

I'm almost positive they do. I've been in several different places on park and searched for networks and always find 2 or 3 named Herschend corp, etc. It may be that I'm just close enough to buildings that have wireless routers in them, and not a true park wide wi-fi per se but I'm always able to find a network almost anywhere on park and they are all secure. Seems like I read something once about there being a pay per use wi fi and the magic shop, but can't recall exactly where I saw that.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 11:22:26 AM »
This won't help everybody (me included as I am on Sprint) but I noticed on my mom's phone that there was an AT&T wireless network available when I was there a few weeks ago. At the time we were eating at the Wagon Works grill up on the main square.