Author Topic: fire in the hole question  (Read 69190 times)

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
fire in the hole question
« on: June 01, 2008, 10:14:55 AM »
for as long as i can remember there was a part in FiTH where a baldknobber was hanging and a wolf was below him. then within the last two years they have changed it twice. im wondering if the took him down because they may have thought that it wasnt family suitable or something. does anyone know?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: fire in the hole question
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 01:19:08 PM »
Scenes in FITH come and go over the years, but I can certainly understand why they would take down anything related to hanging - seeing as some guests seem to confuse the Baldknobbers with the KKK. (The two are not related)

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 01:20:51 AM »
Somebody complained.

I think the queue-line is in need of some Baldknobber explanation. Give more emphases on them being vigilantes.

sdcforever

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:57:17 AM »
I have only recently availed myself of the history of the Baldknobbers.  Some history would be nice to go along with FITH; the ride makes more sense to me now.  They started out as a good group, but then some other groups sprang up that only wanted to loot and pillage.

It's kind of a complicated, but engrossing, history.

DocSpeleo

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 11:57:42 AM »
I've heard there is new Leadership for FiTH, so I bet there will be some minor changes.  :-X

sdcforever

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 12:29:26 PM »
^New leadership?  What does that mean?  Is this a joke I'm just not getting?  I'm confused.  ???

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 02:30:35 PM »
I'm wondering the same thing since the Ride Lead Ops are still the same people that it has been for years.  The Lead Op is the "daddy" of Buckets the dalmation that is there on Saturdays
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »
Running the line through the building, and not so much outside, would allow people to get a better sense for the baldknobber history.  Let's hope we don't just get another village on fire ride.  Keep the baldknobber theme - it's what gives the ride local appeal and educational value.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 06:12:38 PM »
Old Guy you might know this, has FITH lost a lot of theme over the years?
Any one else too!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 08:10:08 PM »
^Well didn't FITH lose a whole part of the ride after the bridge collapse scene or something like that? I remember hearing that a whole ride scene was taken out after the accident where a person was killed.

Somebody complained.

I think the queue-line is in need of some Baldknobber explanation. Give more emphases on them being vigilantes.

It makes me mad how people complain about a ride. If they don't like something in the ride then THEY DON'T HAVE TO RIDE. They don't need to ruin something for everyone else.

I think the whole queue needs to be reworked, with more of a backstory and a better line system. It can get pretty confusing during the summer when everyone is packed in there like sardines trying to escape Missouri humidity and no one knows what line they are in.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 08:11:01 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

DocSpeleo

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 11:20:43 PM »
By leadership, I was referring to the FiTH Lead.  Which is the guy/gal who keeps everything on the ride working smoothly, training new Citizens, scheduling, safety training, etc. and I'm sure putting their stamp on the place with other minor changes. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 12:38:55 AM »
^So basically you were blowing smoke out your arse since the Lead Op is still Bucket's "daddy"  >:(

SWOOSH

DocSpeleo

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 08:35:04 AM »
No, I don't think so because Bucket's "daddy" is not the one who makes the decisions about the ride or the employees.  The person who can make significant changes would be the ride lead.  That person sees things they would like to update/change/make better and report back to their boss and get things done.  This lead would be the person who could change up the line queuing to explain the Baldknobbers a little better or in my hopes make that line situation a little clearer! lol

sdcforever

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 10:06:10 AM »
One thing I do like about the line in the summer when it's long is that it gives me a chance to look at the Fireman's Cemetery.  One of my most favorite theming aspects in the entire park!  ;D

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 06:21:05 PM »
I remember the crashing bridge... I always loved that part... You see the ceiling of the bridge collapsing, and just when you think it's gonna be on top of you, the coaster takes a dip.

I agree that they need to add more to the queue line to explain about the Baldknobbers and the storyline behind FitH. Especially seeing as how the story is based of the fact that Marmaros (the town SDC is based on) was burned by the Baldknobbers. When it was rebuilt, it was rebuilt in a nearby location, which is why on some topography maps there are two listings for Marmaros and/or Marmaros is listed in a different place than SDC is located.

~ "Becky" Joy ~