Author Topic: 5 Years of SDCFans  (Read 16676 times)

pintrader

Re: 5 Years of SDCFans
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 03:48:04 PM »
Happy 5th anniversary!  Thanks for starting the site and all the work you do Shavethewhales.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 04:01:48 PM »
ok, So I'm finally going to ask...

What does "Shavethewhales" mean?

I have always wondered what that was a reference to. Sorry if I'm out of the loop on something.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »
Congratulations !!! and thank you for the site.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 08:08:21 PM »
Yeah, yeah, we all love the site, we all love Shave, happy anniversary...
...Now somebody get to the park and take pictures! It's been days!

Seriously, I'm in withdrawal!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »
ok, So I'm finally going to ask...

What does "Shavethewhales" mean?

I have always wondered what that was a reference to. Sorry if I'm out of the loop on something.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 05:54:07 AM »
cute shave,, thanks for sharing.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 11:48:25 AM »
Here is to another five years of SDCFans! I wonder what the topics of our message boards will be about in 2017? Perhaps it will be about how everyone is tired of the The Outlaw, and is ready for a new wild, and crazy rollercoaster! Or perhaps it will be about how the touch screen displays inside Grandfather‘s Mansion is out of theme. Or better yet, maybe it will be about saving the classic white parking lot trams from getting replaced by a monorail. ;D

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 11:13:33 PM »
Thanks for this forum. It has brought back a lot of things that I have forgoten over the 40 odd years that I have been coming to the City. The people and the discussion have been great. Keep it alive for the next 40 years I hope to be going.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
Here is to another five years of SDCFans! I wonder what the topics of our message boards will be about in 2017? Perhaps it will be about how everyone is tired of the The Outlaw, and is ready for a new wild, and crazy rollercoaster! Or perhaps it will be about how the touch screen displays inside Grandfather‘s Mansion is out of theme. Or better yet, maybe it will be about saving the classic white parking lot trams from getting replaced by a monorail. ;D

LOL!!!  you may be closer than you realize ozark!!..

HeyWheatBread

• Ozarkian Daredevil
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 10:05:57 PM »
  I'm pretty new to the site, but not new to the City!  It's really fun and interesting to read about how the City operated in the past, and just exactly how much has changed, and how much HASN'T!  I absolutely plan on participating more with the site, starting with a recent trip update from last weekend!
  I thank everyone one here for their stories, pictures, and discussions of everything SDC, especially "shavethewhales" for getting it started!  HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY, SDCFANS.COM!! ;D ;D ;D
Official Member of the Society of Ozarkian Daredevilry

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 07:00:23 PM »
I know this is coming in a bit late, but just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the site Shave. This is the only forum, threaded discussion type website I ever visit; this due to the quality of members on the site. Thanks to every poster who have added to my SDC experience and entertainment. You all are the best....
Colorado SDC Fan