Author Topic: water boggan question  (Read 6714 times)

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
water boggan question
« on: June 01, 2008, 10:09:56 AM »
this may have been asked elswhere but i couldnt find it. any way does any one know why the took the top half off of the slides off of the waterboggan.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: water boggan question
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »
 ??? They completely replaced the slides a couple years ago.  Is that what you mean?
SWOOSH

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 12:30:43 PM »
I've also heard that you get completely soaked on this ride now. Too bad I'm not the biggest water ride fan. I almost dragged my whole family on this ride the last time we were there but I'm glad I didn't. They would have hated me.

DocSpeleo

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 02:02:50 PM »
You do get completely soaked now, because there is more water flowing.  Also to note the end of the raft tends to ride really high along the edge of the ride.  Completely scared me to death because it seems like your going to fly over the edge of the slide.  Anyone else have this experience?  I won't get back on now! I was never a fan of the ride the first time I rode it (when i didn't get wet) but now I don't want to go flying out of it.

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 02:10:54 PM »
yea same here. i loved the tunnels, but hate the ride now.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 04:10:01 PM »
Yes, it's a much faster, wilder, wetter ride now, not to mention easier to maintain and run from what I hear. I personally like the new version better, especially the way it whips up on those curves. It is a MUCH wetter ride now though, so it'd better be hot enough to warrant being drenched.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 08:46:16 AM »
You do get completely soaked now, because there is more water flowing.  Also to note the end of the raft tends to ride really high along the edge of the ride.  Completely scared me to death because it seems like your going to fly over the edge of the slide.  Anyone else have this experience?  I won't get back on now! I was never a fan of the ride the first time I rode it (when i didn't get wet) but now I don't want to go flying out of it.

I hate the feeling that I'm going to fly off but I love getting wet. I hate on some water rides you wait in line and then you barely get wet. Usually the Waterboggan's line is too long for us so we'll just go to American Plunge or LROTO but if the line is short and I have the proper clothes on (no blue jean shorts because then I'll chafe) then I'll go on.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

jnorman35

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 09:42:40 AM »
I have a 5 and 7 year old are they big enough to go on with wife and I?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 10:46:08 AM »

Yes they are.  The height restriction on this ride is surprisingly low.  Although I still can't talk my four-year-old into trying it.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 01:11:46 PM »

They do weigh your passengers for each boat though. I don't know how much or how little the boat must hold in weight but you may want to find out before you make the long walk up the stairs to ride only to find out your boat won't weigh enough or vice versa.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 10:26:14 AM »

They do weigh your passengers for each boat though. I don't know how much or how little the boat must hold in weight but you may want to find out before you make the long walk up the stairs to ride only to find out your boat won't weigh enough or vice versa.

Yeah, but they add people to your boat if it doesn't weigh enough.  My mom, sister, and I used to ride it all the time, and they'd just ask for two more people.  It's not a big deal as long as you don't mind riding with people you don't know.