Author Topic: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects  (Read 46915 times)

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2013, 08:03:23 PM »
I would love to see another high capacity family ride come to SDC maybe an omnimover like what Disney does
Fire In The Hole!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2013, 08:25:12 AM »
I too would love to see an omnimover style ride come to SDC. Something with great theaming that everyone in the family could ride. Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna LOVE Outlaw Run, but I will be the only one in my entire family that will be ridding it. My dad might ride it with me, but that is yet to be decided...
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Hollwood

« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2013, 08:42:04 AM »
I just can't see an omnimover happening, and here are my reasons
     1. The park does not have a high enough daily attendance to justify the cost. Even on   Disney's bad days they push 15,000-20,000 through each park.
     2. What would they theme it as that would draw any type of media/attendance? I have always said, if you were to build the rides that Disney has in any other park, you could not pay people to ride them. The rides are not thrilling, they tell stories, stories that millions of people know and have grown up with.
     3. Have you seen the size of these things? Fire in the Hole has nothing on the building size.

I understand the want, but you would be disappointed in the results of an HFE omnimover. Not that they could not build one, but it would be millions down the drain with no ROI. SDC would be much better off with a revamp of FITH or FM or even another non looping family coaster. I would honestly like to see a 4D theatre with the SDC story. Same theme as your omnimover but actual enjoyment out of it via the movement of the chairs, water sprits, air poofs, and such.

Thunderation

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2013, 11:01:33 AM »
What are the chances of SDC getting a wingrider like Wild Eagle in 2015?
You have a great past ahead of you.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2013, 01:00:48 PM »
OK, call me crazy here, but at OTC especially, the biggest attraction just might be the train. I think it would be beneficial to have BOTH train engines (either replaced with new ones that LOOK identical) or completely rebuild the ones we have.  (You know maybe do 1 at a time during the winter months).

I would also like to see a few more shops like -- candlemaking, hat making, ETC.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2013, 05:05:20 PM »
A train engine is rebuilt each year - they have 3.  They are currently in the process of rebuilding the carriages and replacing the tops with newer ones.  You can see the progress they've made on the current train as I think at least two, maybe three of the carriages are the new style.

There is a candle making shop (Carrie's Candles) in midtown and they do make straw hats (or at least have them for sale) in a few different locations.

SWOOSH

crsjrr

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2013, 08:35:32 PM »
A SDC resort, with it's own entrance,access to SDC?   Maybe connected to the park by the Frisco train?  Something styled along the lines of a Great Wolf Lodge??  SDC is already in the lodging business, the Wilderness, why not take the next step? It could be open year round, create winter-time employment for some. Just a thought.

GeyserGulch33

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2013, 12:15:38 AM »
Here's the link:

http://www.primeplay.com/splash_track.html

They have other pics of their coaster in actual parks, so why would they paste a pic of their coaster on an image of GG?

I gotta say, I'm definitely intrigued. The fact that Herschend has worked with the company before and the fact that Splash Harbor was taken out and now has room over there for a new ride..... And this coaster is a water coaster....

I dunno guys; it might be an interesting clue.

And the page now requires login whereas none of their other attractions do. Nice work guys!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2013, 09:48:05 AM »
Here's the link:

http://www.primeplay.com/splash_track.html

They have other pics of their coaster in actual parks, so why would they paste a pic of their coaster on an image of GG?

I gotta say, I'm definitely intrigued. The fact that Herschend has worked with the company before and the fact that Splash Harbor was taken out and now has room over there for a new ride..... And this coaster is a water coaster....

I dunno guys; it might be an interesting clue.

And the page now requires login whereas none of their other attractions do. Nice work guys!

Vekoma has a suspended water bombing coaster now and there is one that just recently went into operation at YAS Waterworld where you can drop water bombs and also get shot at with water cannons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAVmtVxzBDY

Hollwood

« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »
HFE is not going to buy a Vekoma, they have bought and managed parks with them (Wild Adventures, Darien Lake, Elitch Gardens.) and its not a quality product. As for WWW/Prime Play, I have never been a fan, but HFE loves doing business with them. Now as for the risk that this "Water Coaster" comes with (not many installs if any, low capacity, strange/awkward location) I'm not sure HFE will take it.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2013, 09:58:27 PM »
Is Prime Play the company who did Geyser Gulch? I was looking through their website and wondered if GG was a Prime Play Foam Factory.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2013, 10:44:56 PM »
Is Prime Play the company who did Geyser Gulch? I was looking through their website and wondered if GG was a Prime Play Foam Factory.

Seems to be.

Same company that owns Waterwater, that makes tons of water park stuff

They recently bought out Hopkins as well, which makes water rides and the PTB have done business with them as well.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:50:18 PM by chittlins »

Hollwood

« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2013, 06:37:29 AM »
Prime Play built the foam ball section and play structures inside GG. The facade was built in house by HFE