Author Topic: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects  (Read 46912 times)

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2012, 01:17:24 PM »
I agree.  I love SDC!  We get passes and go 8-10 times per year.  All I was saying is the park is really not very big in comparison to many other parks.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2013, 07:12:30 AM »
Really looking forward to see what the park has in store for 2014 and beyond.

Maybe Swoosh you can start teasing us a little in this thread regarding the 2015 plans...

Jay

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2013, 05:06:45 PM »
Really looking forward to see what the park has in store for 2014 and beyond.

Maybe Swoosh you can start teasing us a little in this thread regarding the 2015 plans...

Jay

It's big according to the Swooshster., Considering what Gerstlauer is doing at Alton Towers with a eurofigher with like 13 or 14 inversions, maybe we see a Mystery Mine type ride that goes for the North American Inversion record?

I've stated them many times, I'd like to see a coaster that floorless, a spinner and one that used the new vertical drop technology. I think one without inversions would be nice for families that don't like to go upside down. A GCI twisty would fit that well.

I  bet Dollywood gets a RMC for 2015

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2013, 12:45:43 AM »
Yes, 2015 is going to be big.

2014 won't bring much as they ride Outlaw Run for another season, but White Water is said to get something.

Don't think we'll see a Mystery Mine. At least not in 2015
SWOOSH

Hollwood

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2013, 05:26:31 AM »
I don't think DW will get an RMC, it's just too big for what they have going on there. The AM site is to close to Tornado, and the Train Tracks to construct one there. And Thunderhead does not need an overhaul. I would not be surprised to find another family style, non inverting coaster on the former AM site.

I also would never bet on a spinning coaster for SDC, or any HFE park. They are just not fun coasters IMO. Also WOF and SFSL have one so SDC would not bother trying to pull their numbers with a triplicate ride.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:32:10 AM by Hollywood »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2013, 07:59:59 AM »
Never been on one the Six flags clone spinners but my kids love the one at WoW. Seems there's been lots of improvement to these rides over in Europe since the first wave of them hit here. Many newer elements and layouts but I get thearguement you are saying.

Dollywood we get a RMC, just watch.

Seems they are going to reprofile lots of Six Flags coasters too

TinTypeGuy

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2013, 11:34:40 AM »
I know we are just starting into 2013, but is there any speculation about whats to come next year?

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2013, 01:00:08 PM »
Looks like WW will get something next year and SDC in 2015
Fire In The Hole!

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2013, 02:45:25 PM »
Looks like WW will get something next year and SDC in 2015

Water coaster for WW?  ;D
Doesn't mean there will not be anything going on at SDC though just small scale stuff.

Hollwood

« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »
So... We all have been waiting for our version of MM, but we are going on 6 years now and no signs of it. Swoosh seems to think 2015 will be big, but no MM in sight. Are we really going to get something that is 10 years in the past? I'm not so sure. But anyway, if you were building SDC's version of MM, where would you put it? My area of choice would be across from GG. Take out the water guns and the pop jets and theme it as a logging company (Buzz Saw Falls Flashback!) The trains already resemble logs, and the placement there on the water would be beautiful. It would defiantly bring life back to the GG area, and it would be a nice start on that loop to OR.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2013, 02:51:19 PM »
So... We all have been waiting for our version of MM, but we are going on 6 years now and no signs of it. Swoosh seems to think 2015 will be big, but no MM in sight. Are we really going to get something that is 10 years in the past? I'm not so sure. But anyway, if you were building SDC's version of MM, where would you put it? My area of choice would be across from GG. Take out the water guns and the pop jets and theme it as a logging company (Buzz Saw Falls Flashback!) The trains already resemble logs, and the placement there on the water would be beautiful. It would defiantly bring life back to the GG area, and it would be a nice start on that loop to OR.

The gerstlauer euro fighters are evolving, so I wouldn't rule one out. I'm curious to see the final product of Alton Towers eurofighter under construction.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »
Using the top dining area of the lumbercamp as a loading platform, there will be another log ride on park, winding around on the wooded hill and around and under the waterfall. It will be called "Speculator Sam's Lumbercamp Log Flume" and soon you will notice some trees being cleared behind the Wilderness Church. 5 hewn log buildings will be constructed and will form a town square of an 1880's pioneer village where arts and crafts will be featured, basketweaver, dollmaker, sorghum making, gunsmithing, and wagon building. Just a little something to do while you wait for your tour of the new cave behind the animal petting farm they are building which will be called Ozarks Amazin' Cave. (Just guessing, ya know! ;))
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2013, 06:36:43 PM »
WOW JUNIOR!!!,  been thinking about that much???? :o :o :o :o :o

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2013, 06:51:02 PM »
So a Roaring Falls kind of thing Junior?  Deal me in!
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2013, 07:01:27 PM »
Last I heard Mystery Mine is DOA for SDC.

Now, that's just what a little birdie told me though.
SWOOSH