Author Topic: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects  (Read 46911 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2012, 08:23:10 PM »
^Everything Swoosh said is perfection. I'd LOVE that to happen!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2012, 08:40:42 PM »
I say just redo that whole area for 2014.  Put the net climb with geysers in the GG building.  Put the Adventure Mountain rope course where Splash Harbor was.  Move Roaring Falls and put it where the run outs for Waterboggan were and call it Geyser Falls and you have one heck of a new family fun area.  The back story could be that the small village of Geyser Gulch was built next to Geyser Falls as a gold rush town - they used the the river created by the falls to pan for gold.

All buildings must have the topsy turvy theme to it though to carry out the current look of the area.  Also the rope course needs to have themematic buildings too, it needs to fit into the area without being too intrusive with the whole look.

Love it!

Best of all, no neon colored paint.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:43:02 PM by chittlins »

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2012, 09:29:26 PM »
I say just redo that whole area for 2014.  Put the net climb with geysers in the GG building.  Put the Adventure Mountain rope course where Splash Harbor was.  Move Roaring Falls and put it where the run outs for Waterboggan were and call it Geyser Falls and you have one heck of a new family fun area.  The back story could be that the small village of Geyser Gulch was built next to Geyser Falls as a gold rush town - they used the the river created by the falls to pan for gold.

All buildings must have the topsy turvy theme to it though to carry out the current look of the area.  Also the rope course needs to have themematic buildings too, it needs to fit into the area without being too intrusive with the whole look.

Love it!

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2012, 09:45:29 PM »
Make some the net attraction vunerable to the splash zone of the flume.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2012, 10:50:19 PM »
I was thinking that the splash zone could hit the current deck there behind the Choo Choo McGoo's section of GG.  The lift/turnaround for it would be where the old maintenance building was Waterboggan.  Entrance would be just past the current GG tower complex before you turned the corner to where Splash Harbor was.  Exit would be there next to Choo Choo McGoo's.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2012, 09:07:20 AM »
I was thinking that the splash zone could hit the current deck there behind the Choo Choo McGoo's section of GG.  The lift/turnaround for it would be where the old maintenance building was Waterboggan.  Entrance would be just past the current GG tower complex before you turned the corner to where Splash Harbor was.  Exit would be there next to Choo Choo McGoo's.

hey swoosh, i noticed that the Stone Mountain attraction was done by the Whitewater West group. Are the ones the also did Adventure Mountain and Geyser Gulch? If so, I saw this attraction on their web page, notice the structure thats similar to GG in the background and what might be some similar to the waterfront at GG. It's likd the new vekoma coaster going in at YAS and it has ability to drop water bombs so it's not a one sided affair.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:12:54 AM by chittlins »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2012, 11:01:26 AM »
That is an interesting drawing/image,,,,  makes you "wonder" what may be coming up... ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »
^^I didn't see that on WWW's site, but it is on another company's site called 'Prime Play'. That is in fact GG in the background. Looks like they just needed a stock image to put their concept artwork on.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »
^^I didn't see that on WWW's site, but it is on another company's site called 'Prime Play'. That is in fact GG in the background. Looks like they just needed a stock image to put their concept artwork on.

it's the same outfit, just another division. I got to that photo via Whitewater West's site.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:49:36 AM by chittlins »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2012, 03:41:41 PM »
Here's the link:

http://www.primeplay.com/splash_track.html

They have other pics of their coaster in actual parks, so why would they paste a pic of their coaster on an image of GG?

I gotta say, I'm definitely intrigued. The fact that Herschend has worked with the company before and the fact that Splash Harbor was taken out and now has room over there for a new ride..... And this coaster is a water coaster....

I dunno guys; it might be an interesting clue.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »
Did Doc make some sort of new fangled flying contraption??
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2012, 04:53:06 PM »
A number of companies have developed ride concept artwork for SDC that have never come to fruition, so perhaps they did develop that artwork for a pitch to SDC, but I doubt they accepted it. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't feel right for them with all the issues those rides have had in the past.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2012, 05:35:40 PM »
A number of companies have developed ride concept artwork for SDC that have never come to fruition, so perhaps they did develop that artwork for a pitch to SDC, but I doubt they accepted it. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't feel right for them with all the issues those rides have had in the past.

where are they located. I know of one at hershey park and that one is old all things considered and a company fhat seems defunct at that. Vecoma is putting in one in Dubai. I and more importantly my kids really like the concept.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2012, 10:32:54 PM »
I say just redo that whole area for 2014.  Put the net climb with geysers in the GG building.  Put the Adventure Mountain rope course where Splash Harbor was.  Move Roaring Falls and put it where the run outs for Waterboggan were and call it Geyser Falls and you have one heck of a new family fun area.  The back story could be that the small village of Geyser Gulch was built next to Geyser Falls as a gold rush town - they used the the river created by the falls to pan for gold.

All buildings must have the topsy turvy theme to it though to carry out the current look of the area.  Also the rope course needs to have themematic buildings too, it needs to fit into the area without being too intrusive with the whole look.

Love it!
Wiow!!! That sounds really neat. I'd love to see something like that...
Colorado SDC Fan

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2012, 08:14:08 PM »
Well Swoosh, lets get this topic going again.  What did you hear about expansion?