Author Topic: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects  (Read 47256 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2012, 03:58:59 PM »
I think that if the Lumbercamp was taken out, or altered the waterfall area could be greatly revamped. The area is back there, but do people really utilize it? I go up top and eat regardless if I am eating at the camp or not, but I don;t know how many people do actually go back there. Ever since the falls were closed, and the land of forgotten crafts were taken out, the falls have been a secondary destination.
The lumbercamp is our favorite place to eat and we eat in the waterfall area...it is always busy when we've been there...it would be sad if the lumbercamp and waterfall area were removed...
Colorado SDC Fan

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
OOPS...I responded before reading the rest of the comments (I'm a bit behind on the threads right now)....anyway, glad to see Lumbercamp and the Waterfall will be left in for now...
Colorado SDC Fan

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »
If I had to speculate, I would put my money on seeing our version of Adventure Mountain around the old Waterboggan site in the next two to three years. I'm hoping they would remove Geyser Gulch at the same time. In the next five years, I would also hope to see the Mystery Mine type coaster built in place of the Geyser Gulch footprint, giving the designers an opportunity to have the circuit hug and even go over portions of Silver Lake.

Not that I would not like to see added coasters but I would hate to see GG go. My kids love going there and if they get of that they are losing another good hands on play area for kids. You have to have more then just rides for families. Half dollar holler is nice but just does not have a enough to do after about 4 times around the nets.

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »
I would have to agree! GG should not be taken out. So many families visit the park with little ones. Even though I love the idea of a MM I do not think it should replace one of the few interactive attractions for children. GG is vital in keeping SDC a family oriented theme park!!!

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2012, 09:25:36 AM »
I totally hear you. And I have a toddler of my own who falls into the category of those who enjoy the GG area. Keep in mind, however that I'm suggesting that a similar, but newer and more adventurous area would potentially take it's place. I agree that simply removing it would be a mistake.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2012, 09:35:47 AM »
I also agree. As much as those foam balls ick me out, GG is wonderful. HDH is great for tiny guys dont get me wrong, it is a nice addition and closes a gap for wee ones. And if GG was removed another gap would be placed for those who are too big for HDH and too small for the bigger rides. It is also nice for kids to just run and expend energy. I am fond of the germ spewing water spouts. Its a quick way to cool off without waiting in line for a water ride.  I do appriciate GG. I would be speculativly sad to see it speculativly go.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2012, 11:49:03 AM »
I love GG and I'd hate to see it go!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2012, 09:48:36 PM »
I think that if the Lumbercamp was taken out, or altered the waterfall area could be greatly revamped
I hate to see it revamped.  The intamacy and woodsy feeling is still there down by the waterfall.  I have yet to find a new construction spot in the city that is still tree shaded and cool.  With new construction comes the removal of trees.  Trees and shade are one of the attractions to SDC and it is being lost.  The fir trees they add do provide screening so you cannot see whats beyond them but no real shade.  Its the tree cover that I am missing.  I really hope they start leaving the trees in stand alone planters with circle benches around them.  It really makes a huge difference.

I eat there!  And if not eating, hubs and I go back there just to sit and have a drink.  I love the waterfall area.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2012, 03:27:36 PM »
I would love for the restaurant to be removed and for the waterfall area to start housing lumber jack shows! Would be amazing and revitalize that section!
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2012, 10:02:49 AM »
Geyser Towers just opened at Stone Mountain Park and I can't help but think how this would be a good addition and/or upgrade to the current Geyser Gulch.  What I am suggesting is taking out the current foam ball area, mainly due to it needing a major refurbishment and the balls always get really yucky, and put the net climbs and geysers in there keeping the facade as is.  I think this would be a major upgrade of the facility, give meaning to the name GEYSER Gulch and it would bring back the net climbs that we lost over at Tom Sawyer Landing.

Here's a video of the new attraction at Stone Mountain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Rv7ZFBnd4&feature=player_embedded
SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2012, 10:22:28 AM »
What a splendid idea! That would be alot of fun. I hate the foam balls. Ick. I would so play at this place and enjoy it.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2012, 04:31:27 PM »
that would make a great "upgrade" to geyser's gulch...  it for sure NEEDs something, and i think this would fit right in..

My only thought is that the PTB might think the the NEW gulch would be too much like HDH? with all the netting...

BUT i love the idea!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2012, 05:22:33 PM »
Swoosh has a great idea. I liked the video. It appears as if the new attraction is modeled on the one at SDC, just tweaked with the theme, it seems.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2012, 05:38:29 PM »
That in combination with the ropes courses of Adventure Mountain  would be a grand slam. Half Dollar for the pre K and this combo takes care of grade school, adolecents, and adults.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2012, 06:03:16 PM »
I say just redo that whole area for 2014.  Put the net climb with geysers in the GG building.  Put the Adventure Mountain rope course where Splash Harbor was.  Move Roaring Falls and put it where the run outs for Waterboggan were and call it Geyser Falls and you have one heck of a new family fun area.  The back story could be that the small village of Geyser Gulch was built next to Geyser Falls as a gold rush town - they used the the river created by the falls to pan for gold.

All buildings must have the topsy turvy theme to it though to carry out the current look of the area.  Also the rope course needs to have themematic buildings too, it needs to fit into the area without being too intrusive with the whole look.

Love it!
SWOOSH