Author Topic: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects  (Read 46931 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects
« on: July 01, 2012, 09:59:19 PM »
If they are going by the "plan" still, the next addition will be a small one where it has been thought that two rides from CC will come over and then after that is the next generation of Mystery Mine. 

Not sure if that is still the "plan" but that is what had been said by my sources before the season began.

Also, I heard some rumblings that a restaurant might be removed at the end of the season and a new smaller one built.  Any ideas?
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:31:24 PM »
The BBQ joint down near the Lost River? you know the one that really doenst BBQ anything.  THey just leave a few plates out ther on the grill with dummy food out there.  THey need to do something with this restaurant.  Its prefab foods they try to pretend are made there.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:34:40 PM »
You know almost every restaurant does that, right?
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »
I know it Swoosh, You must remember the days of real charcoal there in the park.  That's when they did the cooking there, it wasnt that long ago.  It bothers me that they dont go the extra mile and put out the effort for quality.  Quite possibly the numbers are there to support them regardless of what they serve.   It really grinds my gears when I walk by and remember that there used to be quality.
Sorry for the bitching and fond memories.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:09:21 AM by mhguy77 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »
FTR, if I eat at the park, the Ribhouse is where I eat and I love their food there.
To each his own, I guess.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 11:31:08 PM »
Splitting this off from the new coaster thread since this is more down-the-road.

If they're taking out a restaurant, I'd wager it's either the Riverside Rib House or the Lumbercamp. The reason I say both of these is because they could simply be setup better than they are now. Both suffer from awkward arrangements and poor flow through compared to what a major park should have. I just don't understand why they would replace any restaurant with a smaller version - they could stand to add another one from what I've seen.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 08:17:14 AM »
they could stand to add another one from what I've seen.
I dont notice the Ribhouse ever filling all the levels of seating that are located there. The seating runs all the way up to Wilsons farm.   Do you folkks notice them using that seating often?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:20:04 AM by mhguy77 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 09:37:06 AM »
The food quality for a full meal has gone down. We rarely eat in the park anymore whith the prices even with the season pass discount. Some of us must be rare in our belief that quality has diminished.

There's so many rides that would be great and themed to SDC with ease. Other than Roaring Falls what else is left at SDC worth bringing over and Roaring Falls is basically covered by American Plunge.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:56:57 AM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 10:11:05 AM »
Roaring Falls is a people eater and is also a "spectator attraction" two things the park loves.

BTW, the restaurant is not Ribhouse
SWOOSH

pintrader

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 10:46:14 AM »
My guess on the restaurant being removed would be Aunt Polly's Fried Chicken.  Never really seemed like they were very busy - but looks can be deceiving.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 10:49:50 AM »
Roaring Falls is a people eater and is also a "spectator attraction" two things the park loves.

BTW, the restaurant is not Ribhouse

Is the S&S shot tower still there. I've forgot. Tame by today's standards but a missing type of attraction that SDC needs.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 11:01:23 AM »
Yes, the S&S tower is still there. It's a fairly low capacity ride, but paired with RR it could be alright. It's just been a matter of time, seeing as everything else has been sold off.

The flying carpet is the only other ride I know of still at CC, I wonder if they have plans for it as well, or if it's just hard to sell.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »
There are times I wish SDC would quit expanding. Its losing its magic the bigger it gets. I still love the place. Its wonderful and I am happy they are staying with the trends too. Its good to see that. But also bittersweet. With every "new" they are losing some "old" as well. Or is that just me......again me thinking is dangerous.....
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

pintrader

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 11:50:21 AM »
There are times I wish SDC would quit expanding. Its losing its magic the bigger it gets. I still love the place. Its wonderful and I am happy they are staying with the trends too. Its good to see that. But also bittersweet. With every "new" they are losing some "old" as well. Or is that just me......again me thinking is dangerous.....

I see your point!  But what's new today is old tomorrow.  I myself don't mind the expansion as far as size goes, but I don't want to see the old removed to make way for the new.  For example I don't want to see the Flooded Mine removed to make room for Roaring Falls, just expand by adding the new.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 12:21:07 PM »

I get it but don't agree with it. SDC has been changing ever since it's opened, We lament the old that we have lost like the Diving Bell. (which could easily be recreating amazingly with todays tech). It's got to grow to stay relevent or it will wither on the vine.