Author Topic: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects  (Read 47269 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 12:06:54 AM »
I think that was definitely a hint for Aunt Polly's getting a redo...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 12:42:52 AM »
I think that was definitely a hint for Aunt Polly's getting a redo...
As far as I am concerned I would not miss anything that is between the tracks and the entrance to Wilson's farm.
I don't care a lick about the wax hands located in what used to be the ball room at Tom and Huck's. I would love for them to take what is thematic to the area and keep it but remove the wax hands and put something worthwhile and not fried in the aunt Polly's location.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 07:43:02 AM »
Hmmm...U Smell Smoke brings up a valid point.

OK>> nothing obvious about the "hint"... LOL>>

OR maybe,

Swoosh wouldn't make a misleading statement like that ;) ;).. Would he? ;)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 07:55:04 AM »
So I take it from the cryptic message of Swoosh that the Ribhouse will be remodeled, moved, or downsized in some way so a pathway can be opened up for the Wilson's Farm traffic flow improvement for the "Outlaw" roller coaster project. Stay tuned, folks... ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 10:09:14 AM »

I think you have it wrong.  Its not the Ribhouse.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2012, 01:24:35 PM »
well the ribhouse and its dining area does take up alot of "real estate".. could easily be redone and make use of that space more effectively.... as someone else said from the rib house to the walkway. could all be improved....

AND the hand wax area and north to the walk could be redone.... Move that stuff to GE, it woiuld fit it better there.!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2012, 05:01:54 PM »
If Swoosh is to be believed (he's a Mizzou grad so that's 50/50) Outlaw Run is the cheapest of the three upcoming  projects. The second one involves what I assume is Roaring Falls and the S&S shot tower from Celebration City so there's some else along with that and some major theming. I was thinking that both could be themed the the west like Outlaw Rum fairly easily.

I think I remember Swoosh poo poo'ing inversion and major drop talk early on in the 2013 talk. Something about us message board fan boys and our speculation.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2012, 06:00:24 PM »
Be careful.

SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »
I wouldn't take any speculation here too seriously, we are all probably less than 50/50 on speculation. A year or so ago most of us thought an MM clone was on the way, and then at least I thought it was going to be a GCII, among many other rumors that have come and gone.

Some of these rumors come from random workers that really don't know anything but just tell guests stuff that they think is happening and get taken too seriously. In other cases there are more reliable "sources", but the stuff they pass along may not be current or factual either. I believe there has been at least one time where there was something in planning that got leaked as a rumor, but then management changed their mind and something else was done.

So all-in-all no one here really is that close to having a clue as to what is going on with the park's future.

In any case, on the topic of the Wilson's farm pathway area, that whole area stretching down to the railroad bridge seems pretty awkward now. You've got random stalls, the wax hand booth setup in the old play area, a random empty area off to the side, and a bunch of giant play buildings that server no purpose any more. I'd like to see them spend a season rebuilding this whole area with shops and a new restaurant or something, but it's certainly more likely they'll just demolish the structures that are becoming deficient (which probably includes Aunt Polly's) and just put in outdoor stall style eateries. Maybe they'll at least put some covered dining areas in.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2012, 08:31:29 PM »
Be careful.

Of what :D

I'm giving you an SEC welcome.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2012, 09:57:45 AM »
Back to the original topic. I cannot see SDC still having its version of a mystery mine coaster on the books in the next two to three years. As history has proven, HFEC has never added two major coaster attractions in that time frame.

If I had to speculate, I would put my money on seeing our version of Adventure Mountain around the old Waterboggan site in the next two to three years. I'm hoping they would remove Geyser Gulch at the same time. In the next five years, I would also hope to see the Mystery Mine type coaster built in place of the Geyser Gulch footprint, giving the designers an opportunity to have the circuit hug and even go over portions of Silver Lake.

While they may not happen soon, or ever for that matter, I would love to see HFEC take on one or both of the following:

1) Remove and relocate the lot behind GE to create a large new area for future phased development of rides, shops & eats. It would also create an opportunity to add an additional access point to GE, which I believe could benefit the area greatly.

I also think it's a relatively flat area, which would be favorable for development.

2) Build a bridge/path to connect the back end of Geyser Gulch with Wilson's Farm. This would not only improve park flow with a "loop" around Lake Silver, but offer some nice new vistas of the park as well.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:02:04 AM by BackInTime9 »

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »
Back to the original topic. I cannot see SDC still having its version of a mystery mine coaster on the books in the next two to three years. As history has proven, HFEC has never added two major coaster attractions in that time frame

Buzz Saw Falls 1999 Wildfire 2001
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2012, 12:19:16 PM »
^Also Thunderhead in 2004 and MM in 2007. But I don't know if anyone said it would be in the next two to three years anyway. Even if these rumors are correct, they can certainly still have some off-years where nothing is added or they focus on other things as they have done so often recently. OR, we could get lucky and they'll go on an investment splurge to get back their edge on the competition.

The walkway across the back of the lake will probably come some day, but I still say I wouldn't look for it anytime soon. It could certainly be used, but they would have a ton of work cut out for them getting all that stuff moved and then putting in new stuff around the path.

I agree that it's inevitable that we'll get some kind of Adventure Mountain concept soon given the success of DW's.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2012, 01:57:13 PM »
For me, calling Buzzsaw falls a coaster is a bit of a stretch. And I wasn't implying the entire HFEC family, just SDC additions. And to quote Swoosh's original post for this thread...

"If they are going by the "plan" still, the next addition will be a small one where it has been thought that two rides from CC will come over and then after that is the next generation of Mystery Mine." I assume he meant immediately after, as in 2015.

It's all speculative. I just don't buy the idea that SDC would be debuting two major multi-million dollar coasters in a span of just two years. Or even three for that matter. Of course, I would be elated if they did.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2012, 03:27:54 PM »
For me, calling Buzzsaw falls a coaster is a bit of a stretch. And I wasn't implying the entire HFEC family, just SDC additions. And to quote Swoosh's original post for this thread...

"If they are going by the "plan" still, the next addition will be a small one where it has been thought that two rides from CC will come over and then after that is the next generation of Mystery Mine." I assume he meant immediately after, as in 2015.

It's all speculative. I just don't buy the idea that SDC would be debuting two major multi-million dollar coasters in a span of just two years. Or even three for that matter. Of course, I would be elated if they did.

Concerning the service area. This is easy. It consists of several small buildings. SDC could build a new facility under one roof across the street. Steel buildings at cheap but they aren't outrageous either. If you keep them and just relocate the parking lot. It could be moved across 76. As with all the bike trails here in Fayetteville, a pedestrian tunnel could be build to not interfere with  traffic one bit. They could even do that for the service area. They could keep it hid in plain sight with a new facility that's just camouflaged by themeing the facade or adding small shops and what not around the periphery

As to the train service area, I think I've mentioned this somewhere else on SDCfans, but how cool and btw fitting with the time period would a round house type area be. Kids love this type of stuff, think Thomas the Train. Have the turntable inside or out. Heck, it could become an attraction. If not make it visible and treat it like a crafts demo like the furniture mill

How it could be an attraction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GQC9bynfm0
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:30:32 PM by chittlins »