Author Topic: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects  (Read 47262 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: SDC 2014 and Beyond Projects
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 01:31:22 PM »
I think that if the Lumbercamp was taken out, or altered the waterfall area could be greatly revamped. The area is back there, but do people really utilize it? I go up top and eat regardless if I am eating at the camp or not, but I don;t know how many people do actually go back there. Ever since the falls were closed, and the land of forgotten crafts were taken out, the falls have been a secondary destination.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 01:35:56 PM »
Will the restaurant be taken out so one of those rides can come in? Is that why it would be smaller when rebuilt?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 03:29:26 PM »
I think that if the Lumbercamp was taken out, or altered the waterfall area could be greatly revamped
I hate to see it revamped.  The intamacy and woodsy feeling is still there down by the waterfall.  I have yet to find a new construction spot in the city that is still tree shaded and cool.  With new construction comes the removal of trees.  Trees and shade are one of the attractions to SDC and it is being lost.  The fir trees they add do provide screening so you cannot see whats beyond them but no real shade.  Its the tree cover that I am missing.  I really hope they start leaving the trees in stand alone planters with circle benches around them.  It really makes a huge difference.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 04:00:10 PM »
Not Lumbercamp
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 04:21:46 PM »
MAN!!!  Swoosh your a killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 04:59:03 PM »
I'd say Rube was right on the money, but Swoosh has a stronger inside track than most of us here with the exception of some of the "citizens." I personally have thought the Lumbercamp and waterfall area was ripe for a big ride. I could see the Ribhouse go...but that is an original building to the Deepwoods area. It is hard to imagine any of the big restaurant locations not being there. Please don't tell me it is the current Wagonworks, as I think the Main Street area needs to be kept "ride free." Hmmmm...time for more speculation. We shall see how things develop.
Rube, I think that city employees would tell you that "land of forgotten crafts" area was a weak attempt for its time. I would  not be surprized to see it wiped out in place of a ride if for no other reason that some city managers from that era would like to see that relatively unsuccessful idea wiped off the map. Ha!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 05:11:52 PM »
Just throwing out an idea here - the area around Big Jack's area could be remodeled somehow, with the tree house being taken out for the shot tower. I don't know of any particular reason why they would other than to get rid of the tree house, but it's a thought.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 06:14:51 PM »
The entire complex where the mine is located Reunion hall and all is probably what he is referring too. I say let er go.
The mine is neat but upstairs has no draw for me at all.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 02:54:34 PM »
Instead of "where in the city" this thread has become "Which restaurant will receive the ol' SDC ax"  ;)

My guess is like Shavethewhales, it might have to do with the treehouse/big jack's area.  :-\

No one has even mentioned Mary's Springhouse as an option, but I really don't know.  ???

mhguy77...NOOOOOOOOOO....I would hate to see Mine/Mill/Reunion messed with!  :o
You have a great past just ahead of you.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 05:14:44 PM »
Waterfall idea

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 05:39:29 PM »
I think that if the Lumbercamp was taken out, or altered the waterfall area could be greatly revamped
I hate to see it revamped.  The intamacy and woodsy feeling is still there down by the waterfall.  I have yet to find a new construction spot in the city that is still tree shaded and cool.  With new construction comes the removal of trees.  Trees and shade are one of the attractions to SDC and it is being lost.  The fir trees they add do provide screening so you cannot see whats beyond them but no real shade.  Its the tree cover that I am missing.  I really hope they start leaving the trees in stand alone planters with circle benches around them.  It really makes a huge difference.

If I remember right, there's a sign outside the park that says for every tree. Or they remove for construction, they plant another one. Or something along those lines.  ??? So I would guess we'll still have sufficient tree cover...SDC already has TONS of shade, so I wouldn't worry that much about it.

As for me, I have NO idea what restaurant will be changed, but I am excited to see some expansion!!

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 05:56:15 PM »
I just hope they do something with the walkway leading to Wilson's Farm near Aunt Polly's.  There is a narrow spot where it gets really congested.  With the new coaster there's going to be a lot more traffic heading back that way.  They really need to widen it and get rid of some of those small rock walls/planters.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »
Hmmm...U Smell Smoke brings up a valid point.
SWOOSH

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 09:55:17 PM »
True...But in some places, there's not much else that they can do, what with the bottleneck between FITH's backside and Lost River. But those stone planters out front could stand to go, I agree...I'm sure that there is something else they could put there that would look just as good and take up less room...not sure what, though, but I'm sure SDC will figure it out just fine!

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 11:50:59 PM »
If the enterance to the new coaster is going thur Wilsons's Farm it is going to get really crowded in there.
SDC has always made a great past to remember