Author Topic: CP Trip Report  (Read 3152 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
CP Trip Report
« on: May 30, 2008, 04:19:19 PM »
So I just got back from spending a couple of days with a group of friends at Cedar Point. It was pretty amazing - cold, but amazing. I got on everything plenty of times until I felt that I had throughly 'done' the park. CP's operations are pretty amazing, lines were eaten as fast as they could form and it wasn't even very crowded that day.

Maverick was beyond my expectations. It has everything I could want in a coaster: surprises, airtime, awesome theming, inversions that actually fit into the ride, and much more. It's probably my favorite ride right now; I really hope more parks pick these up - one would fit in perfectly at SDC.

All the other rides were great as well, particularly Magnum and Blue Streak which were full of air.

My only complaint was the phenomenal price of food and drink. I expect higher prices in parks, but CF is getting nearly criminal in their prices. It was absolute ripping off everywhere you looked.

DocSpeleo

Re: CP Trip Report
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 06:47:07 PM »
I love Cedar Point.  I went 3 days in a row one summer and rode every coaster a few times.  There are some excellent rides at the park and with 26 (? i don't remember off hand) coasters the park was a THRILLING summer vacation spot to go

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 09:24:30 PM »
^I think it's more like 17 coasters.

^^So that's where you've been this whole time? I would love to go to Cedar Point! It's probably the theme park that I want to go to the most of the ones I haven't been to. Sounds like you had a great time. Got any pics to show us?

You going to start a CedarPointFans.com now?  ;)
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 01:20:01 PM »
Maverick looks really cool.  I love the fact that it has two launch points!  :D

It seems like a ride like that would fit in well at SDC, I agree.

*Sigh*  I've always wanted to go to CP.  It's on my to-do list before I die.  :)  For thrills alone, there's no better park.  It's like the roller coaster capital of the world!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 01:30:14 PM »
It is the perfect park for thrills indeed. It was great having two days of going from coaster to coaster, having so many different choices. It's not like any other park where you ride their two or so big rides and then try to find other things to do.

I forgot to mention the bugs though - they were EVERYWHERE. In swarms, massive swarms that coated some buildings and rides. I don't really know what they were, but they looked like massive mosquitoes, and I swear they kept biting me.

sdcforever

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 08:52:44 AM »
^That's gross!  Did you ask any of the employees about them?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 11:20:31 AM »
No, I never got a chance. They were mostly in the front of the park; I think their two main breeding areas were near the Disaster Transport exit and near the classic Carousel on the main street. So we just kinda stayed away from those places.