Author Topic: Marvel Cave postcard on ebay  (Read 3624 times)

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Marvel Cave postcard on ebay
« on: June 28, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
I saw this postcard on ebay today. It is signed by "Genevieve". Could it be Genevieve Lynch? Does anybody know what her signature looks like?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160832716060&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_1345wt_1059

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Cave postcard on ebay
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 04:19:32 PM »
The Lynch Sisters did correspond regularly with many cave guests. It would not surprise me if it is her signature. If you read old accounts of visiting the cave in the early days, it was not unusual to eat supper with the Lynches in their home, and then spend a night camping or renting a cabin from them. The Lynches also took people into the cave on tours, because it really was a small family owned and operated business.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 10:23:57 PM »
Hmm that's a gamble for me as a collector, I have the card already, but not with the erotic on it. If it is Lynch, that is a great item, and I would love to have It , if not then I have 2 of the same card, and a message that does not really pertain to the area/ the cave.

My forensics skills need to ge to work, i have 5 days.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 10:46:17 PM »
It looks like her handwriting. And she came from Canada and could have been corresponding with friends or family.  I would recommend buying it, and no I am not the one selling it. lol

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 11:58:38 AM »
I know I shouldn't show my hand, but, I just took a chance and bid on it. It will go nicely with my copy of the Scientific American featuring "Marble" Cave!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 06:08:57 PM »
It looks like her handwriting. And she came from Canada and could have been corresponding with friends or family.  I would recommend buying it, and no I am not the one selling it. lol

LOL, I don't think anyone here would sell that!

Stanstead is a unique place. It's a lot like Texarkana, in that the Canadian side and American side (Derby Line, VT) are separated by a street that follows the border. There's a library and opera house that is bisected by the border, just like a couple of government buildings that sit half in Texas and half in Arkansas.

The recent increase in border enforcement has pretty well ruined the towns, though.

Here's an "illegal border crosser" in action. Someone call the border patrol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SafQ55Iw0I