Author Topic: Questions  (Read 2898 times)

adairmd

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Questions
« on: May 30, 2008, 12:22:54 PM »
I've been looking on here for a while, and post once in a while.  I have some questions about some of the old stuff.  Was Shanty Town where Geyser Gulch is today?  I seen some pictures of the old Gandy Dancer's tracks, that are still there today.  Where exactly are they?

I love this website and all the pictures that are posted.  Thansk for making a website like this for our favorite place to be!

Dusty

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 01:07:20 PM »
Shanty town was mostly replaced by the new Landing in the late 80's early 90's - I think. I've also heard the old town area next to the main square referred to as Shanty Town... Clarification, anyone?

The Gandy Dancer is apparently close to the train station and the old petting zoo. I still have yet to get a good glimpse of it myself.

Thanks for sticking around.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:10:23 PM by shavethewhales »

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
Re: Questions
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »
The gandy dancers track origanaly sat where the toy shop is now, the rest of shanty town sat right on the edge of the water where the entrance to lost river is now. The Gandy dancers was moved to next door to the old petting zoo when the toy shop building, then the basket shop was built.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 03:15:23 PM by Old Guy »
"Loved on Four Contenents!"