Author Topic: Save Our Ticket Booths!!!!  (Read 34307 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: Save Our Ticket Booths!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 11:48:48 AM »
I want one!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 11:56:44 AM »
Classic SDC imagery shirts? I want in!
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 12:07:12 PM »
Thanks for the great feedback so far! Yes the artist in me came out on this one!

Dependant upon the interest, I might arrange for a few to be printed. It would have to be cost effective though, being that it would be a 3-4 color print , I know this could get pricey. Maybe I'll just take orders for an iron on image, and you can iron it on an 80's tee yourself!

I would like, as I said to try a few other designs, but who knows with time and everything if I'll get to the others.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 12:51:52 PM »
I feel all the old paintings are part of what gives SDC its charm and what sets it apart from other parks. My favorites would be the Kieffer paintings at FITH and outside the Ozark Marketplace. The ticket booth painting has a special place in my heart, too. As a kid they always gave me a little bit of a scared feeling, but in a good way. (Hard to explain really, but I would surely miss them if they were gone).

I would LOVE a coffee table book of all the art work across the park. The George Kieffer stuff especially, but the others as well. [Seriously, TPTB, if you are reading this, I would buy one in a heartbeat!]
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »
Well I had a vision when reading Beta's comments, and was drawn to an image in my head that I needed to create. For you BetaMike, and all others mourning the loss of the sign, I give you the first in the line of t-shirts (my original designs).

Count me in, I love the old designs on T shirts.
Frankly speaking I do not own any SDC shirts or caps because none of them seem to have the character that "is" SDC.  I bought a polo some years back that had a small embroidered SDC logo with log and axe, they were on the chest where a polo pony would be, small and understated and something I would wear in daily life.  Most of the tie dyed crap they sell these days is just not original enough or just too tacky for me to WANT to wear.  I WOULD buy a Sanitation squad shirt !
What a great idea.

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 02:00:31 PM »
What a wonderful idea!!!!!!   Remember outside of FITH after the ramp exit the girl sitting in the bathtub with breast tops, you were supposed to pull down to reveal the rest   :o, and it was her knees and an advertisement??  I'd get that shirt for my brother in a second!!  Anyone have a photo of that?
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »
That infamous picture is available somewhere in one of the threads.....now which one I am not sure...
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 04:56:18 PM »
Hmmm... I wonder why that picture is no longer around  ;) lol... If anyone knows what thread the picture is in it would be cool to see it.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 05:04:22 PM »
The park artwork is in danger to some extent. Each successive new artist hired on wants to put his/her mark on things. Plus the days of Andy Miller and the original crew are gone...they worry alot about cost and keeping the budget, so that is why the look of signs on park has changed. Thanks Rube for the Sanitation Squad T..pretty cool looking. How about one with the FITH mural, a Baldknobber, Flooded Mine Mural, HH Mural highlights...hey the list goes on and on. (Watch out for copyright issues, though.)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 05:17:28 PM »
That's my big question... Even though it is basically my artistic rendering of the sign, it'd be like me makin Mickey mouse shirts to sell... It'd be questionable unless I give SDC credit. I have yet to make /sell shirts and have not received a cease an desist soo we'll wait and see! Until thn I'll just throw around a few more ideas.It us all in my head with 100's of other ideas. HFEC just needs to come talk to ms and will be set in the merchant dept. For a while.

I posted the bathtub sign a few years back. I have the photos of both the closed bottom half as well as the top half ... I'll look for it on here

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 05:23:59 PM »
I posted the bathtub sign a few years back. I have the photos of both the closed bottom half as well as the top half ... I'll look for it on here

Rube, I found it: http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=944.msg18200#msg18200

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 06:04:31 PM »
I can tell you these shirts will sell! Sell!  Sell!   We are just now tapping the nostalgia market at Disney and the corporate folks are taking notice.  Where once you saw generic designs, there are some really passionate Disney designers making "retro" designs that seem like they are geared to a niche crowd...and they are selling out.

When I wear the shirt that Rubedugans modeled the current design after (see below) at the City, I get complete strangers coming up to me all the time asking where to get one!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skinnytie/4805653373/
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »
I agree Beta. I'll wear one of my design to the park, and see how many comments I can get!

Like I said it was in my head, so I made it. Wait till you see the other one I'll post this evening! Some of you will love it!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 08:33:35 PM »
OOOOkay here it is, this one comes in 2 colors...

(Didn't know your shirt came in red there did ya' Beta?)

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!