Author Topic: Wish list  (Read 7594 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Wish list
« on: May 17, 2012, 06:00:37 AM »
Is there anything at SDC that you have always wanted to purchase from 1 of the shops, but never really had the money?

I have always wanted a silver dollar ( ofcourse, lol ) & a cool lookin' leather hat. There is probably more things i'd love to have, but these items i have always wanted since i was a kid.

Whats ya'r Wish List?
Live life like it's the last day!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Wish list
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 06:10:10 AM »
Wooden Indian from the woodcarvers, about 4 dozen various blown glass Christmas ornaments, I wanted some stain glass windows when that shop was located on park, some goodies from the leather shop, when the book shop had all the old Ozarks related books, I wanted those. I would have liked to have had a black powder rifle with a carved stock by Bruce Grimes, a handmade knife by Ray at the knife shop, and for a couple of years the park built and sold hewn log buildings...I'd like one of those, please, fully stocked with furniture from the furniture factory. Oh, and as long as I am in my fantasy list...daily delivery of fresh baked turnovers and apple butter, every morning by 7:30am, please...ice cold sasparilla delivered by the twelve pack each day about noon, and some fresh taffy with it. The mine and mill used to serve fresh bread which was baked in crocks and delivered to tables with meals and plenty of butter...please have a baker on call for me when I have the hankering for that, too!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

pintrader

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:24:45 AM »
I always start to drool when I walk into Heartland Home Furnishings.  Then I see the prices and then I of course pass out  :)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 11:34:52 AM »
I want everything.  :D
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
I always start to drool when I walk into Heartland Home Furnishings.  Then I see the prices and then I of course pass out  :)

Ditto!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 12:18:29 PM »
I want art pieces from Glassworks!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »
...a handmade knife by Ray at the knife shop

Ah, yes! I definitely want one! But, at several hundred dollars a pop, it would burn my pockets a little too deep.  :)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 01:10:25 PM »
The hubs wants a knife, also, but...no can do.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 07:16:10 PM »
A lifetime season pass......along with a key to the city.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 08:20:13 PM »
During the crafts festival there are some very skilled artisans that make knives that are a bit cheaper than the SDC ones, but they do not skimp on quality.

Oh and in case you all were wondering...I have the keys to the city...

jealous?

pintrader

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 08:35:56 PM »
Wait a minute!  I think their passing out too many of these things, because I have one too!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »
Any other variations out there??? Between our stuff Missin' is probably salivating just from the thought of the keys!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 01:08:33 AM »
During the crafts festival there are some very skilled artisans that make knives that are a bit cheaper than the SDC ones, but they do not skimp on quality.

There are hundreds of bladesmiths out there producing work far superior to Ray's, at a fraction of the cost. There are also established names who cost far, far, more, of course.

Search for knife shows, find one in your area, and spend a Saturday browsing.  You want forged blades, of course, not stock removal. You'll be amazed at what is available for under $200.

Also, take a look at the bladesmiths listing here:

http://www.americanbladesmith.com/

Find one in your area, and see if you like his work.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 09:21:26 AM »
I want that pin!!!!  :o :o :o Stick it on my list of stuff I want!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Baldknobber

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 07:31:31 PM »
Though not sold at any of the shops, I would give anything to have the mural and Baldknobber pictures from Fire in the Hole. Actually, throw in the rest of the pictures as well as the ride itself and let me have it in my own backyard!!!