Author Topic: 200 ft. Cross coming to town  (Read 8779 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 200 ft. Cross coming to town
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 10:32:16 AM »
So now where exactly will that be? and where will you see it from?>

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 11:07:45 AM »
well article says 160 & 65 junction,  so about 5 or so miles north of braqnson on 65....  AND since it is 200 feet tall, you should be able to see it from my house in topeka, ks!!  LOL!!!.

i think it is a great idea!, And i was glad to see that will be availble to quests for no charge!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 12:31:48 PM »
Sounds like a cool idea. Wish it were closer to Branson itself. Meaning it doenst sound like you can see if from inside the city of Branson Too bad for that.

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 12:55:24 PM »
I can almost bet that it will still be able to be seen from the Branson Strip!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 05:32:58 PM »
The design leaves alot to be desired. We already have a crappy design on a cross at Eureka Springs. I'm all in favor of a nicely done project, so I hope the real thing, if built, looks better than the grade school rendering. Please remember also that many dreamers announce big projects for Branson that come to nothing. I remember a huge press conference years ago, in the early '90's, two fellows said they were going to build a big skyscraper in Branson with hotel rooms, theaters, shopping...were is that? Never happened. They were not talking about the Radison or Hilton. There are also rip off artists who prey on Branson from time to time. So, sorry for being negative here, but I'll believe this project when I see it. By the way, where is the gigantic NASCAR track project at now? Hmmmmmmm...
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 05:36:53 PM »
My husband actually surveyed some land in Mac County for that.....came to nothing....and I am glad I am not the only one feeling negs. I thought it was nice idea, all for more God and less sin but the cross itself to me looked tacky...
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 05:46:24 PM »
your right of course junior, and with only about 10% of the funds, the developer will have a long way to go.. and I would guess they are looking for donations and grants for funding....
Not sure how all that works,
BUT if they get money from a bank or other funding institution they would have to charge admission to pay back the loan...
And while typing this statement, what about funding for day to day maintenence and other repairs?

mmmm?? ???

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 07:44:15 PM »
I've also lived in or around Branson long enough to be skeptical about this too.  Especially when they aren't going to charge anything (although, I could see that changing).  I'm also of the camp that the design lacks a little something to be desired.  It looks as gaudy as a Faberge' Egg.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »
At one point this was proposed near the now defunct Tourist Trap Fantasy World Village-turned Branson Christian Academy. I have no idea whether it was in cooperation with them or not.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 09:51:41 PM »
I've also lived in or around Branson long enough to be skeptical about this too.  Especially when they aren't going to charge anything (although, I could see that changing).  I'm also of the camp that the design lacks a little something to be desired.  It looks as gaudy as a Faberge' Egg.

Of course it'll be free, however the zipline off the back side will be 20 bucks a trip. ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 08:02:44 AM »
Good sense of humor, Chittlins! ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 08:48:11 AM »

Of course it'll be free, however the zipline off the back side will be 20 bucks a trip. ;D

good one chitlins!!!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 07:37:38 PM »
the "Leap of Faith" Zipline

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 08:44:50 AM »
Good one, Rube...or how about "holy terror!"  ;D Hey, if God wanted man to fly...we would have been born with wings!  ;)