Author Topic: Old Silver Dollar City Ticket  (Read 5734 times)

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Old Silver Dollar City Ticket
« on: May 10, 2012, 05:08:52 PM »
Many of you on Flickr, may already be connected or familiar with Neato Coolville.  Great guy and also a Missouri resident who has an affinity for the City.

Behold one of the Adult and Child tickets from 1969

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neatocoolville/7172974010/in/contacts/
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
Re: Old Silver Dollar City Ticket
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 05:26:34 PM »
$3!!! That beats the heck out of the current prices  :o

Really Kool to peice of history!! Thanks betamike!

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 05:27:55 PM »
As they used to say "I'd buy that for a dollar!"
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 05:51:11 PM »
Pictured is a premium "passport" ticket. You could pay two admission prices back then. One for admission to city shops, restaurants, and so on, and the passport ticket would be for full admission to attractions: GM, treehouse, FM, train, stagecoach, and float trip. That was all the big attractions at the time. The medicine show and the live music performances were included in general admission. "Citizens" would be stationed at the entrances to the big attractions, and you would get your ticket punched if you wanted to see or ride them.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 08:04:14 PM »
I have a few of these, my kids tickets say $1.00, and my adults say $2.00. so mine are more than likely from a bit earlier- some used, some unused, I also have early Baldknobber tickets that are the simply printed carnival sized tickets (imagine a ride or game ticket)

But the best of my tickets are the 1950s Marvel Cave tickets. They are labeled "Marvel Cave -Shepherd of The Hills- Admit One". The coolest part isn't the admission of $1.206 +$0.120 Fed. Tax + $0.024 State Tax ($1.350 total) It is that I stumbled across one ticket #146778 several years ago. Oddly enough at a flea market I bought a lot of items relating to Missouri, and I found another ticket in there #146777 One number off of the one that I had in my collection. I lined up the tickets, and they were torn at the same exact (unperforated spot) IT WAS A MATCH!!!!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »
$3!!! That beats the heck out of the current prices  :o

For perspective, though, we would not want to keep the same price ratio as that $3 ticket to the average cost of the cars in the parking lot.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 11:31:59 AM »
Those are quite the collectables! I would love to see the facial expression of the turnstile operator if you handed them one of those tickets. ;D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 09:46:02 PM »
I have joked about bringing the bottle topper coupons from the 70's to the counter to try for a discount...odds are they'd yell at me for holding up the line!  (If you didn't know, the coca cola coins with shad on the front came on a cardboard coupon...so if you buy the coins on ebay, you are only getting 1/2 of the "Real Thing" (Ha don't you like how I worked in the Coke slogan!!!)

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 12:08:40 AM »
You should have gone and purchased a lottery ticket the day you found that #146777 ticket, Rube.  What are the odds of that happening?  Great luck that day. One of my first jobs there was outside Grandfather's Mansion punching the tickets of people who wished to see it.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 08:02:40 AM »
I happened to find a Coke discount ticket and coin just like the one Rube has pictured above! Found it at a Joplin flea market yesterday. Bought it for $3. It is from the year 1974, and was good only for the month of June. (Guess we can't try to get that $1 discount now!)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
OMG! the green punch tickets!  :o i remember these when i was a kid. thanks for sharing betamike!! ;D
Live life like it's the last day!