Author Topic: Balloon Chase  (Read 16902 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Balloon Chase
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 01:27:30 PM »
Tiff and Trams, I agree!  I don't want GE any bigger either.  It's the area of the park that I avoid.  It just seems foreign to me.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 02:13:04 PM »
Ditto that. The rides themselves were a welcome addition, but they seem so out of theme that section feels like you're literally in a different park.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 05:14:36 PM »
See?  And i feel like if they want to add some kiddy rides to GE, thats fine with me..  I avoid GE, becasue of the area it is.. 
So if the new rides are out of theme???? They would fit right in..
Also if they fit new rides into GE, it takes away the chance of taking away another area of "our" city like HDH did.
right?,  maybe???  LOL....

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 06:04:38 PM »
We can only hope!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »
Other than the coasters, Grand Exposition is my kids favorite. There's a lot to do so when my Mother and Wife want to hit the shops, I can take them there and it's much easier to watch two to the closeness of the rides. GE was a great addition. the part of SDC that stands out the most to me is Splash Harbor. They can take that out anytime they want. Besides water play areas have come a long way since that was added.

I would like for the balloons to come back too, have patience.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »
Every time I walk past the area that the old Ore Cart coaster used to be, I envision the Balloon Chase there.  I also think it would be nice to move the magic shop near there and use the Medicine Wagon as the stage and incorporate all of them into one story.  Some type of salesman that has magical balloons to go with his magic shop and show.  I could elaborate, but that could take a long time.

I read a book when I was in elementary school that was similar to this.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 08:18:14 PM »
Every time I walk past the area that the old Ore Cart coaster used to be, I envision the Balloon Chase there.  I also think it would be nice to move the magic shop near there and use the Medicine Wagon as the stage and incorporate all of them into one story.  Some type of salesman that has magical balloons to go with his magic shop and show.  I could elaborate, but that could take a long time.

I read a book when I was in elementary school that was similar to this.

The magic show at HDH sounds interesting.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 08:02:32 AM »
I thought splash harbor was removed  ??? ???
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 08:41:01 AM »
Splash Harbor has been removed. I think Chittlins is referring to Geyser Gulch.

Copper, you have a very good idea there about the Balloon Chase. That is a large area, that is nothing but wood chips.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 08:44:02 AM »
If I had my way, the Balloons would return there where Copper said. In my mind they "belong" in that part of the park. ;)
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »
Copper, you got more pull than the rest of us, since you work there. Don't they have some sorta suggestion box or something?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 05:51:53 PM »
Unless they have changed the way they do things, introduction of new attractions (or bringing back old ones) is about a three year process. They plan, they budget, they do the construction, and on opening day...something new (or something old that is made new again) appears! They try to find the money to do it, budget for staff, construction and maintenance. It is a lengthy process.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2012, 06:11:05 PM »
Could they re-theme to balloons to be like the balloons they flew in Marvel Cave in 1994? I know it wouldn't really go with the 1880s theme, but its an idea!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2012, 06:27:49 PM »
Sorry, Geyser Gulch. Man, I'd trade da Gulch for an Adventure Mountain anyday. If they are going to do an area where the kids get soaked and they still do without Slash Harbor they can do much better than that for an interactive play area with water effects. All I got to say is thank goodness for quick dry clothes and water shoes from Teva and Merrill between American Plunge, Lost River and Tom And Hucks you are getting very wet . I snicker when I see the no bathing suits disclaimer.

terrillwhite78

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 11:44:29 AM »
This thread is 4 years old but the Balloon Chase is back!  It's in the new Fireman's Landing and is named "Fire Spotter".  I rode it just the other day with my 6 year old!