Author Topic: Balloon Chase  (Read 16881 times)

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Balloon Chase
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:48:18 AM »
Now we all know that Balloon Chase was removed but I was wondering what the ultimate fate of the ride was? Growing up it was always one of my favorite rides! I made sure to ride it at least twice every visit. So where did my Balloon Chase go?  :)
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Balloon Chase
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 08:57:17 AM »
Drive 76 past SDC and watch the fence right after the maintenance buildings ( they are marked).
The parts are right back there, you can catch glimpses through the fence.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 09:06:01 AM »
This is a picture of it being packed up. It's good to know that they still have the pieces. It might make a comeback someday (I hope). They brought back the carousel, after all.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:07:55 AM by Ozarks Gal »
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 09:10:44 AM »
I wonder if they ever plan to bring it back? I somehow doubt it however.
:-(

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 09:31:42 AM »
The fact that the parts are still on property is a good indication that it will one day return, the question is..."when?"
Out of all the 'lost' rides of SDC, Balloon Chase, IMO, will be the one that we see again.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »
Well if I had to theorize which I don't but I will anyway LoL I expect that that whole area where waterboggan and splash harbor was removed will be used as expansion for grand exposition. I figure when they expand it will show up there if it does. I just hope they build a small coaster or large Dark ride. So what do ya'll think?

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 12:43:31 PM »
I miss that ride so much!! I wish it was still there. This is just my opinion, but I like it better than River Blast. I think you know what I'm getting at...
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 12:52:45 PM »
I really dont want to see GE expand. I dont mind that it is there buy I dont want the park to commit more space towards it. I like that you have to walk a day and forever to get there, its like time traveling. Its in the same park yet divide well.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 12:55:21 PM »
I really dont want to see GE expand. I dont mind that it is there buy I dont want the park to commit more space towards it. I like that you have to walk a day and forever to get there, its like time traveling. Its in the same park yet divide well.

That's exactly how I feel too.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 01:55:07 PM »
I thought at one point I heard that the Balloon Chase was planned for a comeback soon, but it's been four years now since it was taken down. It might have been in the plans at one point, then scrapped, and maybe it could be picked up again at any point. I had actually though it was scapped, so I'm glad to hear it's still on the property. This could be a nice little addition for a low-key year such as 2014 after they spend so much money on the new coaster.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »
hmmm...let see...How could they incorporate the Balloon Chase into a "barn theme" over by the new roller coaster?!  ;)
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 04:05:10 PM »
hmmm...let see...How could they incorporate the Balloon Chase into a "barn theme" over by the new roller coaster?!  ;)

LoL Actually Ive put a lot of thought into that and I can't think of a way to do it! Not without it just being weird! LoL

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »
Well, they brought back the carasoul without any warning....so who knows what might happen with it>?

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 11:27:51 AM »

LoL Actually Ive put a lot of thought into that and I can't think of a way to do it! Not without it just being weird! LoL

The carousel was brought back with a new theme to match its new home at Half Dollar Holler. I bet the balloon ride could be brought back with a new theme too. It was my favorite ride as a kid! I would love to see those balloons fly above the tree tops again.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 12:04:05 PM »
What was the original theme of the balloons? I was too young to care about themes when they were still in the park.