Author Topic: Injuryes at silverdollarcity today  (Read 3964 times)

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Injuryes at silverdollarcity today
« on: May 25, 2008, 06:11:30 PM »
so today I was at celebration city and it was raining pretty bad so we left. on our way back to springfield we heard a news report that the storms that went through knocked a tree brach down and two ppeople had to go to the hospital. will this effect funds for the 2009 project, because of sueing resons?? It was a fractured arm.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Injuryes at silverdollarcity today
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 06:15:37 PM »
I don't think it will effect the funds for their 2009 projects. They should already have money set aside for that anyway I'd think. Was this at SDC or CC? Your thread title says Silver Dollar City but you said you were at Celebration City.

Sounds like you left the park at the right time then... ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 06:16:46 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 06:43:20 PM »
I kinda doubt there will be a lawsuit, purely because of the fact that this was a weather-related phenomena and not a park issue. Even if it were though, these things happen all the time and the Herschends, like any corporation, have a crack team ready to handle it. Just a year or so ago someone slipped on their own accord outside the Jukebox diner and tried to sue for around $2 million - they settled for around $200 thousand.  ::) The American Justice system at work.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:03:39 PM »
I was at celebration city left and heard it on the news on the way home.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 08:15:34 PM »
I was at celebration city left and heard it on the news on the way home.

No I mean did this happen at SDC or CC?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 10:31:12 PM »
3 injured when tree hits theme park trolley
BRANSON, Mo. (AP) — Officials at a Branson, Missouri theme park say three people were injured when high winds knocked part of a tree onto a trolley.

Thunderstorms caused many patrons at the Silver Dollar City park to leave or seek shelter Sunday afternoon.

Spokeswoman Lisa Rau says a 20-foot-long section of a tree fell onto a trolley taking people back to their cars at about 5 p.m.

Rau says a 36-year-old pregnant woman was taken to the hospital by ambulance. An 8-year-old girl and her mother also were injured.

The trolley, although damaged, was still able to move.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hgXe6mB0JQ8beX-m-IYvrr8XUcDgD90TBA8G1
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 10:55:39 AM »
Okay, so it happened at SDC. Things like these are bound to happen with how many trees SDC has. I hope these people and their families make a speedy recovery.

I kinda doubt there will be a lawsuit, purely because of the fact that this was a weather-related phenomena and not a park issue. Even if it were though, these things happen all the time and the Herschends, like any corporation, have a crack team ready to handle it. Just a year or so ago someone slipped on their own accord outside the Jukebox diner and tried to sue for around $2 million - they settled for around $200 thousand.  ::) The American Justice system at work.

^ I agree with this. It was a natural incident. Nothing SDC or the Herschends could prevent.