Author Topic: Huck Finn's Hideaway  (Read 20303 times)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Huck Finn's Hideaway
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 09:51:01 AM »
Maybe they could improve HDH by adding more interactive things?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 11:43:47 AM »
Interesting, I always thought there was a lot of interactive things in HDH, but I've never been in myself. I just love the fact that they brought back the old bouncy rope walkways in some form, even if only for very young children. Maybe my expectations for the complex were just a lot lower than everyone else's.  ;)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »
They could have put a little more into the play structure and it's missin' a very small flat ride. I get what they went for, a place that's really meant for  a very small age segment like 3 to 6.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »
I'm not sure the air guns will ever return, as the PC police have decided that guns are evil. I gott be careful, there... I almost had to use the <soapbox> tag again

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 03:00:14 PM »
Even if they dont put air (censored) in HDH at least put SOMETHING hands on. For cryin out loud stimulate them youngins. Last time I checked you die from overstimulation....
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 04:13:41 PM »
Even if they dont put air (censored) in HDH at least put SOMETHING hands on. For cryin out loud stimulate them youngins. Last time I checked you die from overstimulation....

What get's me is what is the difference between air and water, which is less or more pc as it is okay on T&HRB, and in the face too!!! ::)
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 05:13:47 PM »
Would it be possible to reintroduce a small circuit of the hand powered rail cars in there?

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 07:09:47 PM »
Sadly the tree house will not return.   ADA compliance (any new structure or remodel of pre-existing structure must comply with ADA guidelines) will cost too much than they are looking to invest in reviving the Tree House. 

Sad that it won't return as we knew it, but....well, "memories!"
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 09:59:23 AM »
The treehouse is a special place to me...one of the jobs I held while working on park. I still hope they can refurbish and reopen, but if they don't and it is taken out I'll still have the wonderful memories of running through there as a kid in 1970, and working in there sweeping it out and checking out the gadgets and games and fun stuff (when nobody was looking) after it was rethemed as Huck's hideaway.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

WolfHunter

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 09:11:06 PM »
I have fond memories of huck fins hideaway and i wish they would rebuild it for that was almost all I came to the park for when I was little.  That was before I discovered the magical wildfire... :)
Known to be "Amazing" -Swoosh

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »
I have fond memories of huck fins hideaway and i wish they would rebuild it for that was almost all I came to the park for when I was little.  That was before I discovered the magical wildfire... :)
Agreed, even the latter statement! ;0
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!

WolfHunter

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »
I'm not sure the air guns will ever return, as the PC police have decided that guns are evil. I gott be careful, there... I almost had to use the <soapbox> tag again
Are you talking about the air cannons at the ball pit? Did they remove those?
Known to be "Amazing" -Swoosh

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 08:46:21 AM »
^ Okiebluegrass was talking about the airguns at Huck Finn's Hideaway.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »
I have fond memories of Huck Finn's Hideaway too. It always seemed magical when I climbed through it with my cousins. But yeah, there still isn't much to do in it that entertained me.
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 07:20:53 PM »
All this talk about HDH and not one mention of the carousel. I thought that was a pretty big deal, bringing the hand carved animals out of storage and putting them in service again. Granted my teens have no use for the place but my 5 year old loves it. I also like the "story time" they there.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett