Author Topic: Hard Rock Park  (Read 4962 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Hard Rock Park
« on: March 13, 2012, 07:57:15 PM »
Stumbled across this looking for other info.

Man what a cool concept and a darn shame it got caught up in the credit crunch in 08. Really wish someone would come along and reopen it with the original idea and ride naming the future ride ideas would be limitless

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Hard Rock Park
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:03:42 PM »
The credit crunch didn't have so much to do with it's failure as terrible management, poor location, and numerous poor decisions by the developers did.

I think it could be a halfway decent success in the right hands, but it would be a lot of work and risk that no one is going to take these days.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »
I could say Silver Dollar City was a poor location especially considering the road infrastructure of the area just 15 years ago. I don't know a thing about who ran it but I stumbled across it looking into a vacation to Myrtle Beach. Someone will give it a go in a couple of years. I would say Memphis would be a cool place for something themed like that but the City is horrible ran and wouldn't support it from within the city limits . could think of a cool water ride called "when the levee breaks" and a steamboat themed ride calle the "Proud Mary."

The Zippin Pippin was torn down and the city so inept they sold the name and design to a city up in Wisconsin for next to nothing. They should have just kept the rights. It was Elvis' favorite ride and what I cut my teeth on.

Of Course, I can't for the life on me figure out how there's not a House of Blues on Beale.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 09:39:14 PM »
HRC is in a horrible location.  There is a reason why Family Kingdom does so well, it's location.  You go to Myrtle Beach for the beach, not a park close to 10 miles away from it that's over priced.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 09:44:26 PM »
HRC is in a horrible location.  There is a reason why Family Kingdom does so well, it's location.  You go to Myrtle Beach for the beach, not a park close to 10 miles away from it that's over priced.

Technically it's not overpriced, it's not open

Hollwood

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 07:12:45 AM »
Well everyone... All rides, including the custom B&M looper are up for sale. Here is the link to the Coasters. http://www.italintl.com/category.php?category=Roller%20Coasters. The question is will HFE pick up anything. Shipping wise, HFE parks have the advantage over a majority of the other US Parks. Also, if you journey over to the flumes and water rides section, there are about 12 major proslide slides that have never been installed, and are being sold without supports... I wonder if HRP/FMP had a water park in the future plans? Someone could start a hard park/water park combo for dimes on the dollar and in a one stop shop...

Witention

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 02:09:46 PM »
As long as the Six Flags-esque part is for the thrill rides, it's fine by me. I am also hoping for good theming, but I don't see how they can make good stories for their rides except for something like Rock n' Roller Coaster..... on EVERY RIDE!