Author Topic: Jack & Pete At OTC  (Read 4390 times)

pintrader

Jack & Pete At OTC
« on: March 06, 2012, 08:25:49 AM »
Just wondered if anyone was going to this!  I would love to go but starting at 8:00 a.m. would be a little hard to get around and the $25.00 per person is a tad steep.  Still it is tempting because it isn't everyday you get to hear from them.

http://www.otc.edu/news/19608.php

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Jack & Pete At OTC
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:52:04 AM »
If I could I would! I have never been lucky enough to meet them, but I always cross my fingers that one day I might show up at Silver Dollar City while they are there. Either way, they should be congratulated on the awards! They have earned it.  :)

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:55:47 AM »
ha! I first read OTC as Old Time Christmas!

But hey, thats great, congrats to them!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 07:51:15 AM »
Here's the link to the Springfield News-Leader article about Jack and Pete at OTC.  It includes some quotes from them including, "We have the distinction of losing more money in the theater business than anyone else in Branson history".

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20120310/NEWS01/303100026/herschend-OTC-excellence-award-Silver-Dollar-City

I also posted links to 3 SDC/Jack and Pete videos in this thread:
http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=2040.0
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:15:12 AM by biscuitcreek »

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 04:00:19 PM »
i would like to meet Brad Thomas too. ;D
Live life like it's the last day!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 11:44:42 PM »
What dynamic, and class act guys Jack, and Pete are! They always seem to take things in stride. They will be the first to admit that they are not perfect, but will do whatever it takes to make things work. I am so glad that they are willing to sit down, and open up about themselves, and their business model. There are many hard working citizens at Silver Dollar City, and they should always be commended for their dedication. However, I agree that Jack, and Pete deserved this award. :)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 06:46:50 AM »
Nice video, good people! Thanks for sharing.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 12:17:58 PM »
I too read OTC as old time Christmas, so you weren't the only one. Maybe when we have that SDC fans get together we always talk about, we can get the chance to have one or both of them there. That would be awesome.

pintrader

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 07:32:55 AM »
This is the link to the 2012 Excellence In Business Event at OTC with Jack & Pete Herschend.  The videos have been posted before but this is the complete interview.  It's always interesting to hear from them and this goes into more detail about their lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8dkM54F79Q

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 09:55:41 AM »
Pintrader, thanks for posting the link for the above video. Excellent men, wonderful legacy. I am proud to have been part of the company for seven years. I can honestly say that the things I learned on the job at SDC those many years ago have stayed with me, and I have carried SDC in my heart and head throughout my life. The work these two men have done do make them living legacies...and legends in my book!  ;D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

pintrader

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 10:16:08 AM »
Your quite welcome Junior!  It really seems at times these guys are too good to be true, but at times I think SDC is too good to be true.  Maybe that's why SDC has that special feeling.  It started a long time ago with some special owners.