Author Topic: 19 Kids and Counting  (Read 4950 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
19 Kids and Counting
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:06:18 PM »
I'm watching the episode right now where the Duggars go to Springfield for a women's conference, and they go to Branson to watch Amy perform. Did anyone else see this episode?
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Kids and Counting
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 11:25:05 AM »
I watched it because the women's conference was held at the church I attend, Second Baptist. It was nice to get a little glimpse at Branson, too. :)
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 06:50:54 AM »
Early in the series, and it's mentioned in one of their books, they make a trip to SDC. The Duggers live in Springdale, AR, just down the road from my home. The married son operates a used car dealership on Thompson Street/Business Hwy. 71  in Springdale, which I pass everyday going to work. My daughter and I spotted him walking across the lot the other day as we passed by. My daughter, a big fan of the TV show, was impressed. Me, not so much.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 05:49:42 PM »
Sorry ??? ???  I dont get it :o :o :o?????

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 06:32:12 PM »
Some of us in NWA have had our fill of them over the years. Daddy Duggar was an aspiring politico back before the show and the kids were used as entertainment for rallies during his runs for office and such and the news stations were always called in advance of the show. Daddy Duggar is on the very right in politics even too right for the tastes of mostly Republican NWA. Some of us are even cynical of them and their constant media coverage seeking. Good thing they live across from the landfill, maybe they get discounted dumpster service from WM.

I still remember Huckabee saying the little right of the right group that Duggar ran with as drinking a different kind of Jesus Juice as the rest of state republicans.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 08:48:05 AM »
At the business I work at Mrs. Dugger came in one night when it was extremely busy and demanded that she be served immediately. She asked the clerk on duty "don't you know who I am, I'm Mrs. Dugger from the TV show." It did not work, a security guy told her she had to wait like everyone else. She was not pleased. So I guess she had a bit of the swollen head syndrome. I'm glad I was not there that night.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 08:54:40 AM »
Jeeze. And they seem so down to earth on the TV..........guess us hicks just dont get it. ;)
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »
It's got nothing to do with being a hick or anything else. Some of us locals have seen them manipulate media coverage for a long time and they have carved out a nice little income from it. I remember they once were programmed between the man with two wives show and the little people show. Quite honestly it had freak show feel to that whole note of programming. You didn't want to be at Sam's when the Duggar bus rolled up. Turned the place into a zoo.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 12:26:33 PM »
I've never met any of them, but I almost did 3 different times. We went to Pigeon Forge, TN, for vacation last year and it turns out the Duggars were there the same time we were. I don't remember exactly what places this happened, but we went to one of the places and they said the Duggars had been there the day before, then the next place we went, the Duggars had been there the day before, then the third place, we had only missed them by about an hour and a half. My sister was so upset, and she doesn't even watch the show.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 03:43:57 PM »
LOL!!!  hmmmmmmm? I have to admit it, i would be thankful to miss them by an 1 1/2 hours :P...  LOL!!  A week and a half would be better!!!.. >:(

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 05:50:48 PM »
We stopped at a creek to go swimming the last day we were in TN, and a lady that was there with her little boy said she got to meet the Duggars. I don't remember the place, but I know it was a place mentioned in the episode, I think it was the place with the birds.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 11:08:35 PM »
I would be fine with meeting them so long as I don’t have to stand behind them in line. ;) Thanks to the television show, I am sure the network pays for them to go on vacations, and such just so they can film it.