Author Topic: mutton hollow  (Read 2818 times)

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
mutton hollow
« on: May 22, 2008, 06:31:53 PM »
im sure you all remember this one. if anyone has any video or pix let me know. thanx

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: mutton hollow
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 08:17:20 PM »
Mutton Hollow never seemed to be able to get off the ground.  There was a really good restaurant, but the gift/craft stores were really second rate and didn't feel authentic.  I always yearned for more for Mutton Hollow.  The Harold Bell Wright museum was located there for a long time (now at the toy museum).

They were constantly trying new "gimmicks".  I remember a giant barrel that you could walk through.  I think it might have been a part of a fun house at one time.  It rotated while you walked through.  I was always disappointed that it didn't work when I was there.

Mutton Hollow was completely and majorly reformed and became Branson USA, and finally Celebration City (which I think should have been called The Branson Boardwalk, but that's irrelevent).
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcforever

Re: mutton hollow
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:12:51 AM »
^I have some fond memories of Mutton Hollow (unfortunately no pics or videos).  I agree, it always seemed like it fell a little short.  We visited five or six times then didn't go back.  I wasn't surprised when I noticed it was closing.