Author Topic: VIP tour guides for SDC  (Read 3738 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
VIP tour guides for SDC
« on: February 15, 2012, 05:36:47 AM »
I watched something over the weekend about Disney World & got to thinking it would make a good topic on here. Does SDC have VIP guides that ( with your help ) plan a day or weekend thru the park & tell you the history of SDC & all its attractions? I dont believe i have ever seen anything like that at the park. Ofcourse, none of us would need it. But for your average joe who has never been, do you all think it would be a good idea?
Live life like it's the last day!

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: VIP tour guides for SDC
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 07:19:47 AM »
Six Flags has VIP tours available at all their parks. The cost is $249/person and includes front of the line passes, unlimited snacks, lunch, dinner, park admission, tours, etc.

http://www.sixflags.com/overTexas/tickets/VIPTours.aspx

If you add up the cost for what you would typically spend for these items (not including unlimited snacks or the cost of a tour guide) you would spend about $200.00 per person. So if you think the tour guide and the unlimited snacks are worth $50 - it would be a great deal.

I'm sure there is always a level of service at all parks (including Silver Dollar City) that you can purchase - some are just advertised, while others are arranged privately.

Jay

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 09:47:17 AM »
I would rather spend my money supporting the crafters, but I think it's a great idea!  I wonder if they have considered it. 

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »
I need a job...  ;)
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 06:40:01 PM »
During my humble career at Disney, I have been one of these very VIP tour guides taking around families who are overwhelmed with the large property in Florida and getting them from point A to Point B in an efficient manner while telling them the history of the property.   The other sect of people who used this service were film, TV, music and political figures who wanted to experience the Disney parks and retain anonymity.

My heart just sings for the SDC property (having worked there as well!) but not sure how the VIP program would work on the same level.  I like the idea of "themed" Citizens taking Guests around while remaining in character and showing them the sights...but since the park is so small, I wonder if people would swallow the $$$ price point to do it.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 07:29:45 AM »
Dont charge a crapton and dont make the tour for all day. Make it for like 2 and you get to keep the trail blazer pass. I think it would be cool to have Deputy Birdie Tweedle guide me around....
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 09:48:46 AM »
I say let's start a campaign to have them hire Tiffany!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 11:00:01 AM »
I say let's start a campaign to have them hire Tiffany!

I second that! Lol
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 11:25:28 AM »
I know this has been brought up before, but I would like a behind the scenes tour. I want to see what the employee only areas look like, and the maintenance shop, and  what goes on behind closed doors that keeps Silver Dollar City going each day.