Author Topic: changes  (Read 3119 times)

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
changes
« on: May 22, 2008, 06:28:39 PM »
hey im new. ive been going to sdc since aroung 1987. anyway is anyone else getting mad/tired of all the changes taking place there. ive been 3-4 time this year, and each time i notice something either gone or replaced.  how about those cheap looking menus that they are putting up at all the eateries now. does anyone else feel this way?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: changes
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:49:09 PM »
Hey now, let's be fair here. Progress bring change, whether we all agree on it or not. The fact of the matter is that SDC is no longer the backwoods secret of the mid-west, it attracts over two million people a year and will handle considerably more in the coming years. Obviously this means that the same old ways we've come to love will change from what we are used to, but the park is doing it's best and it is still MUCH better than any other destination of its scale in the nation.

I agree, there's a few minor things here and there that we may want to point out and ask to be changed, but we must be careful not to whine and to appreciate what we've got. Not that I'm calling this whining or anything, but it could quickly go there.

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 07:11:46 PM »
yea i know things change with time, expansion is good as long as they keep with the theme. but there are things that are being replaced/neglected that dont need to be. why not put more money into fixing the tree house and putting those animatronics back into american plunge, instead of a culinary thing.

sdcforever

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 09:09:21 AM »
^I don't know about AP (haven't heard any rumors if the animatronics will be brought back or not), but there has been talk in this forum about the treehouse.  SDC employees have stated that there are plans to fix up the treehouse/Landing in the next couple of years.

As for changes, I love them!  I'd get bored if SDC had hardly changed at all in the last twenty years.  And I think the changes that have been made have stayed true to the theme of the park.  Some of the small changes may bother me a little bit, but I can live with, and even get used to, them.  I've been impressed at how well they have handled and integrated the big changes into the park.  I like how they've used the old channels from Jim Owens Float Trip in AP, and how they've integrated some of BuzzSaw Falls into Powder Keg, for example.