Author Topic: Dusted off topic-I have been diggin in the archives.  (Read 6329 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Dusted off topic-I have been diggin in the archives.
« on: February 11, 2012, 06:29:40 PM »
In in light of the new construction-and the old robbers shack being torn down-IF <----notice its big.........they cut the train robber show hot many would miss it? I know it is a must see. I would greatly miss it and its corny jokes. But would it really be a big deal if it was cut? What do yall think?
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Dusted off topic-I have been diggin in the archives.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »
I would definitely miss it!  I've been watching it since I was a little kid.

Baldknobber

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 08:50:01 PM »
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that they have to stop along the way so that the train can build up enough steam to make it back to the depot. Hence, why they decided to have a train robbery. IF they tore down the old shack, wouldn't they still have to stop somewhere along the way?

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 08:57:41 PM »
Since the location of the train robbery show has been out on the loop for the last several years, the new coaster will not interfere with it in any way.  The now demolished "old" train robbers shack was just standing vacant.  It's highly unlikely that the show will be dropped...unless it's for some reason unrelated to the coaster.  The train tracks themselves are not being rerouted; the new coaster will cross above them as needed.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 07:28:27 AM »
Althought the train robbery is not the only reason to ride, IF it were gone, I doubt if I would ride it 4 or 5 times a year....

CONSIDER THIS..... No train robbery................................... 

What about Grandpa at Christmas time???

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
I honestly probably wouldn't ride the train if not for the robbery. Personally, I consider the train a "show." I ride it for the robbery.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 03:55:57 PM »
I would miss the train robbery show. Honestly, we ride the train to see the show...And like mentioned earlier, what would happen if the took away grandpa's story? I don't think the PTB would remove the show, but if they did the train wouldn't be as popular as it is.
Colorado SDC Fan

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 04:02:48 PM »
If the train robbery would continue, how will the outside noise (sound of new roller coaster, delighted screaming, queue line....) affect the show? As is, it is nice and quiet and as far as I know they dont have the need for microphones.....

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 06:10:13 PM »
If they stopped the train robber show I would definitly stop riding everytime we go down and you figure we are down there at least a dozen times a year. Would maybe go on it once just to go on it but that would be it.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 01:58:12 AM »
I would be completely heart broken! The train robber show is one of my favorite things at the City!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 10:35:14 AM »
They tore down the old shack???  :-[  ??? That was atmosphere!!  :'(

I am also disappointed to hear that a roller coaster will cross over the tracks. 

I realize that my family and I are in the minority, but we have no interest in the coasters.  You can anywhere and ride a coaster.  The Silver Dollar Line is unique.

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 12:22:38 PM »
Here's hoping that the new roller coaster does nothing to take away from the train robbery or anything else related to the Frisco Line.  That is a definite part of the charm of the park and I am just beginning to get my kids interested in it.  Do  not blow one of the attractions that helps get us down there!! :P
Vote to end 2020!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 05:15:40 PM »
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that they have to stop along the way so that the train can build up enough steam to make it back to the depot. Hence, why they decided to have a train robbery. IF they tore down the old shack, wouldn't they still have to stop somewhere along the way?

That was the original reason they started doing it. I don't think they really have to now but they found everyone enjoyed it so they continue. I would definitely miss it even though I know the dialogue verbatim (depending on what day of the week it is or isn't). I really don't see this happening though.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 10:22:32 PM »
Judging from the various maps, I think the current robber shack is in the clear for now.  Unless theres something to the steam buildup for the train, and in that case I'd think the stop would have to be within a certain range, although that wouldn't necessarilty prevent a 2nd stop for a train robbery somewhere else along the track.  Either way, I kind of doubt the robbery is in any jeopardy.  But who knows?

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 08:10:26 AM »
I am praying that nothing changes for the train robbery. It is an institution.