Author Topic: 2012 Meet Ups.  (Read 51642 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Meet Ups.
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 05:47:33 PM »
I guess my thought was IF you preferred Grand Country because of the water park.. the season pass would be a big savings if you were to stay there 2 or 3 times a year..  AND that is just savings on the room and water park.. NOT counting any of the shows for free, or the discounts for eating..

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 08:27:51 PM »
Interesting idea, sanddunerider.  We shy away from shows right now.  The toddler may or may not sit through a show; you just never know.  Sometimes we are doing well to get through dinner.  It is something to keep in mind, though.  :)

busymom4kc

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2012, 01:14:30 AM »
My husband was seriously injured in an industrial accident Feb. 23rd. We had planned on being at The City this weekend. His face is now full of infection so our travel plans are on hold as they may have to go in and remove the titanium plates from his cheek and orbital lobe, clean out the infection, restructure the orbital lobe, cheekbone and jaw again then put in new titanium plates. Should the Lord heal this infection we WILL be there Saturday AND Sunday. Looking forward to going "home" again.

We are excited to get the 2012 season kicked off. We're ok with no new attractions this year. We love The City and are just glad we are able to walk through the gates once again. Frankly, I like the idea of taking the time to go through SDC and fix and update what is already there. We want our grandchildren to enjoy SDC as much as we have and our children have. Preservation is very important.

We will be staying at the HOMESTAY INN AND SUITES (417.336.2666). The owner is a member of sdcfans.com. The rooms are clean. The beds are comfy. We are now regulars. She has a special offer for members of this board. I hope she sees this post and will fill you all in on her newest acquisition and her rates - they are rates that no one can beat! If you want breakfast it's good, simple fare.

Just 2 more days folks! Woo woo. :) God bless and we hope to see everyone this year. Happy birthday to all of the March babies on the board. Hope the opening of Silver Dollar City helps you celebrate another year filled with smiles and blessings!

FYI: Sean Casey, the film maker who did the "Tornado Alley" movie for IMAX, will be in Branson at the IMAX Theater Friday-Sunday (March16-18) with the TIV (Tornado Intercept Vehicle). IMAX is donating proceeds from "Tornado Alley" movie tickets to "Convoy of Hope" to help with the Branson clean-up and healing. An admirable act IMHO. Our 4 1/2 year old grandson is beside himself as he loves anything tornado. He thinks the TIV is pretty "cool". lol

Here is the link to the story about Sean Casey and his visit to Branson: http://bransontrilakesnews.com/entertainment/article_cd2bc388-6a36-11e1-8b8e-0019bb2963f4.html
The memories made at Silver Dollar City last a lifetime.
Pass them on to the ones you love!
In the fall the leaves turn red and gold; that must mean God is a CHIEFS fan.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 08:01:16 AM »
OK, if all goes well, I will be on park opening day. If anyone is there too, I'd be glad to shake your hand and say howdy in person. Let me know. Leave a message.  :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 08:49:06 AM »
busymom,  thanks for the info..
.Sorry to hear about the hubby... 
actually Paige @ Homestay is a sponsor here on the site. This will be my 3rd year staying at her motel.
Your right, Paige and her crew do an amazing job. We actually set up the SDCFan discount last spring. ( i think).  anyway it is a great deal...
Check this link, it should take you to our forum discussion we set up for Paige,   
http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=2014.0

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I will be at the city on march 25th, SOOOOO if anyone is going to be there and can use BAF's let me know. I plan on being there 1st thing is the morning, I am just hoping the weather holds out. ;D

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 08:49:15 PM »
if it all works out, we all have a trip planned for the 31st of this month with my brother & his girl.
Live life like it's the last day!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2012, 08:58:30 PM »
I'm going March 22 instead of March 23.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2012, 07:04:34 PM »
We are still going this sunday the 25th, we will be there for opening ceremony..  have not decided if we are doing breakfast there or not.. 

I do have Baf's, sooooooo  if anybody need them let me know....

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 09:11:06 AM »
Looks like the wife and I will be there this Saturday (24th).  We're coming down Friday evening, and she wants to shop at Tanger.  We'll check in at the Homestay afterwards (Hi, Paige!) and hit the city for Breakfast at Mollie's and the Rope Drop Saturday morning.  We'll probably stay till close before heading home.

We have four BAFs. . . .

cocodane3

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 10:30:01 AM »
Just planned a last minute trip to the city. I will be going thurs and Friday and I will try to get my parents to let me go to the city on Saturday as well. Hope to see everyone there!

cousin bubba

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 10:51:06 AM »
We will be in the City Friday the 23rd. I look like a short Santa wearing overalls, tie dye silver dollar city shirt, and a cap that says grumpy. If you see me, stop and say hi.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »
Looks like the wife and I will be there this Saturday (24th).  We're coming down Friday evening, and she wants to shop at Tanger.  We'll check in at the Homestay afterwards (Hi, Paige!) and hit the city for Breakfast at Mollie's and the Rope Drop Saturday morning.  We'll probably stay till close before heading home.

We have four BAFs. . . .

Scratch that plan.

A wonderful lady at church passed away Wednesday ngiht, and her funeral is Saturday, and the choir is singing, so I will be there.  A BIG, HUGE THANK YOU to Paige for allowing us to change our reservations to 4/20 so late in the game.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2012, 10:49:01 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your loss palallin. Thankfully, Silver Dollar City can always wait for a more appropriate time.

Speaking of that, is anyone battling the crowds this weekend? My father is at Silver Dollar City right now, and told me it took him over an hour just to make it to the park. Spring break is in full swing for so many people! ;D

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2012, 04:28:17 PM »
YEEEE HAAAAWWW!!!  :) :) :) :) :) :)
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2012, 10:28:05 PM »
OVER 19,000 people there today!!